who is your favoured successful APOSTATE?

by prologos 19 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

On this site are very capable people and much to learn. Rejects from powerful religions, that contributed to mankinds advance, are good examples for us. what is your inspiring historical APOSTATE figure? My pick:

Johann Keppler,--- who lived in central Europe at the time of the reformation. The Lutheren church disfellowshipped him for his habit of researching and exposing wrong teachings in sermons. nevertheless,

Keppler, a Mathematician was the first to define his three laws of planetary motion, still used today to calculate the orbit velocity, distances of planets from their sun(s). He was right in exposing religious error, facing the consequences and successful in advancing mankinds search for understanding reality.

it does not get much better than that.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Me - I'm quite awesome.

Not kidding - I've accomplished so much considering the obsticles I've had to overcome.

Yaye me!

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Ray Franz

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I'd have to say Ray Franz too.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Ray Franz has to be #1 on everyone's list. But there are several others of the same era that were important to the cause.

Randall Watters (our own Dogpatch) is a very important figure in WT apostasy.

Barbara Anderson is another of my favorites. She was the researcher for the Proclaimers book, and has a wealth of knowledge into the WT's history of covering up Child Abuse.

Rick and Laverne Townsend released their JC meeting on tape in the early 80's, exposing what happens behind closed doors to everyone for the first time.

Paul Grundy of jwfacts has also been intrumental in helping others to see TTATT. His site is my number 1 go to site when researching the WT.

Other notable apostates include: Duane Magnani (instrumental in helping in child custody), David Reed (a great apologist and exposer of the WT), Chris Sanchez (former spanish WT translator that left around the same time as Ray Franz), Bill Cetnar (one of the first great apostates), etc...

There have been MANY that have been very helpful to the cause. I love em all!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Let us not forget Ed and Marion Dunlap - who left at the same time as Ray Franz.

Ray Franz is of course first of all because he was, after all, actually on the Governing Body.

• Terry
    Terry

JAMES WOODS creator of the eternal Wibble!

• Pterist
    Pterist

I have no specific names, but in the past year or so, I like what I read from Preterists and more precisely Partial Preterists.

They are also labelled by mainstream as Apostates.

PRETERISM ... PART OF THE CHURCH'S FINAL APOSTACY

http://www.aquatechnology.net/preterism.html

• Londo111
    Londo111

The foremost apostate: Jesus Christ.

Of the last 500 years: Martin Luther

Of our time: Ray Franz.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Londo111

Share this

Google+