They really do love their sign, don't they...

by cedars 27 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

For me, the video represents an obvious example of the Society shamelessly promoting itself rather than its message. As others have noted, the production costs for this will have been considerable, and all paid for out of funds dedicated for the worldwide work.

Publishers would have every right to ask what this video has to do with spreading the good news of God's kingdom at a time of unprecedented urgency in the final stages before Armageddon... but I doubt they will.

Cedars

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Nice to know where money contributed to the worldwide work is going. Shameless self promoting for a pointless video about a neon sign.

But this will be old news. As soon as they move upstate, the sign will go down. They will no longer be as visible, and will be quickly forgotten in NYC. They weren't very welcome tenants anyway. DUMBO hates the Watchtower.

• moshe
    moshe

See anything missing here? How about a safety belt!!! Oh wait, it's cheaper if that Bethelite falls and kills himself, than buying all that safety equipment to protect their workers. - al lot of good a plastic hard hat is going to do in fall.

• pixel
    pixel

Part of the article:

"In 2009, the rather inefficient neon tubes illuminating the sign were replaced with red light-emitting diodes (LEDs), which are more reliable and save over $4,000 (U.S.) annually in maintenance costs. Today this sign consumes a fraction of the electricity that it once did, making it “green” as well as red."

So, until 2009, they have been spending more than 4,000 USD on that super-important sign. I wonder where that money came from??

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

What about the Read the bible sign???? Is it gone?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

What about the Read the bible sign???? Is it gone?

I'm not sure if it's gone yet, but I heard that they sold the building.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

No way!

Watchtower wimmin wearing trousers?

I'm not buying it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s a Miracle..

The Watchtower put up a Giant WatchTower sign!..

Not a Jesus or Jehovah Sign..

That Sign is so Important they made a Video about it!..

No point in letting the JW Men change the light bulbs in the WatchTower sign..

One could fall to their death..

Send the JW Women to change the light bulbs in the WatchTower sign!..

There`s alway`s more..

Light Bulbs and JW Women..

I`d gladly Give my Life to Jehovah..

For a WatchTower Light Bulb..
    http://healthewoman.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/woman-w-lightbulb.jpg

...........................  mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• extractor
    extractor

Thanks for the video link Cedars.

Oh my goodness who gives a rats ... about that sign.

Do you suppose active Dubs watch that video and get a little teary eyed? Please! Who cares. Those WT higher ups are living on a different planet...perhaps Alcyon.

Is that an Armaggedon countdown clock on the top of it?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Gross and disgusting. They only promote the organization...no pretence about promoting the bible over the watchtower magaziine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit