Does the Watchtower still make a big thing about the cry of "Peace & Security"?

by cantleave 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

It was a big thing in 70's and 80's, but seemed to have died down during the 90's up until the time I left. I was wondering with the Arab Spring and increased unrest in the Middle East, whether the brothers are speculating about this again?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The GB will normally recycle a talk outline about "Peace & Security" whenever they see world conflicts cooling down a bit. It's a way to wake up sleeping dubs. For example, late 2009/early 2010 seemed to be a relatively quiet period (emphasis on "relatively"). So guess what the special "Special Talk" was after the 2010 Memorial?

• alanv
    alanv

When things in the world look bad, they peddle the end is near because things cannot go on like this, and then when there is a feeling of peace and security in the world, they peddle that.

They always have and always will speak out of both sides of their mouth. They will say whatever they think will get them more members.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The concept is taken out of the cupboard wafted around a bit, left to air. It then is put away for next time.

There will be a time when neglected and forgotten the only people who remember or care are those with enquiring, investigative minds. It will be our children on this website or a successor.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It was in a WT Study article a few weeks back.

• a watcher
    a watcher

The cry of 'peace and security' is important because it is a major prophecy that is yet to be fulfilled.

"Whenever it is that they are saying: "Peace and security!" then SUDDEN destruction is to be INSTANTLY upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will BY NO MEANS ESCAPE." (1 Thess. 5:3)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The GB's stance seems to be a bit 'whatever' with their pro armageddon 'signs' in some instances.

The last I heard was they didn't know if the cry for 'peace and security' would be one big event or several (correct me if I got this a bit wrong).

What I'm saying is the GB are leaving things hanging in the air. Example: Overlapping generations. Example: The toes have no significance.

However, they are assuming sole control of the cult.

BEWARE JW's! You'll be forced to drink poisoned kool aid LITERALLY next!

• Zagor Almanah
    Zagor Almanah

The question is whom will sudden destruction be upon ? Maybe Jehovah's Witnesses themselves perhaps ? Since they are the only one looking for that to happen. God will blind their eyes so they should believe a lie. Perhaps a false return of Jesus Christ, a 1914 lie, the Watchtower society put in their minds. It also says that those that perish know God, but don't glorify him the way he deserves...

• jgnat
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's whatever is happeneing in the news that either sends the dubs on a mission of "it must be soon there's peace and security" to "it must be soon, look at all the wars and financial crises". The latter had my wife in a tizzy until she started to see economic recovery.

It's just a wheel for the dubs to continually run on. The theme just changes occasionlly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit