I never realized how many errors are in the NWT check this out

by LuLu4YouYou 14 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

I looked up the criticism of the NWT. You can probably criticize the NWT but you aren't going to get TRUTH from any religion.

Most religions tend to deify the individual they claim founded their set of beliefs. The "New Testament" sources are just ambiguous enough

to let people believe what they want to believe about whoever the real Jesus was. You would think that if Jesus were God he would at least have

written something down or had a personal secretary.

Thirty percent of the New Testament is about Jesus' life and mostly 3½ years of his preaching. The other 70% is about the early association and

emergence of a structure that eventually became the Catholic church. I could use the word "organization" instead of "structure" but many here are

in denial that a group of people could actually evolve from a primitive association into a complex organization. The Catholic church edited out the

conflicting ideas in their "bound volumes" a long time ago.

What is irritating about subjects like this is the assumption that JW's are wrong and that some other interpretation is correct or big TRUTH.

• LuLu4YouYou
    LuLu4YouYou

NeverKnew, No my wife was never a JW...

scotoma, I wasnt saying so much that one religion or another is right.. But the fact that the NWT was definately translated incorrectly. Atleast that is my opinion.....

• scotoma
    scotoma

LuLu4YouYou

I wasn't speaking about your personal feelings or beliefs. I was referring to the link with the criticism of the NWT.

But I agree the Watchtower Translators weren't especially guided by Holy Spirit. If "Holy Spirit" was the answer then it should have put

Freddy in a divine trance and have him automatically write the correct words. Kinda like the gold plates Joseph Smith copied.

• sir82
    sir82

I think you should put on some placards and walk around in front of the local Jiffy Lube, Rick.

Such world-wide international protests will surely bring the attention this issue needs.

• LuLu4YouYou
    LuLu4YouYou

Sir82 im sorry who are you reffering to this Post is about the NWT not being tranlated properly I do not see how Rick comes in to play here? PLEASE lets not turn this in to another big argument about who I am. I am really tired of that BS....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit