star trek

by Hortensia 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• eva luna
  • eva luna
    eva luna

Greetings Hortensia,

I just recieved the first Dr. Who CD from Netflix. (circa 2011) . I hope I like it. Tell me I will. hehe

I did recieve American Horror Story too that day. I watched that first.

I'd be pissed too . Thats just to long a wait for a movie after the previews. May seems so far away.

Downton Abbey has been very intertaining. Maybe you might get involed with this series .. Or, if your not afraid of ghosty stuff American Horror Story was good. It has a creepy, naughty Jessica Lange in it. Didnt need the lights on during the night. Dont have any more green bibles , so I think it's not so scary

Game of Thrones , most excelente.

Oh, and that blank post above me is not my fault........it was a ghost posting.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Just watched Cummerbund in Parades End. Brilliant period drama.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I love Dr. Who although I realize it is pretty campy and over the top. I think all three of the modern Dr. Who actors are wonderful and I love Rose Tyler too. Took a while to get to like River Song, but now I like that story line too. I think you either like it or you don't. If you don't, lots of other good stuff to watch.

Netflix has so much to watch, I like all the British mysteries and detective shows, and all the Scandinavian shows. But lately it has been a Cummerbatch thing, such a good actor. And I really like tall British men with skinny legs. I haven't seen Parade's End yet, but I understand it's pretty good.

Oh well. The Hobbit opens in a week, and I'll go see it. I have come to like Martin Freeman from Sherlock Holmes. I hadn't seen him in much before that series and I think he's a good actor, too. Do you all go to movies to see the movie or watch the actors act? I think it's interesting to watch the acting and think about how things were done behind the scenes.

• eva luna
    eva luna

State of Play was a very complex , intersting, British Cop, Mystery mini series. Great actors, etc.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Saw Skyfall . . . loved it awesomely. Imagine a large amount of that spectacular stunt work is done against a green screen.

??? ???

CoCo Cineaste

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yeah, the stunts done against a green screen and then filled in with cgi are amazing. I think I like knowing how things are done more than just watching movies for the story.

Lots of youtube videos like Dr. Who confidential that show you how things were done.

Thanks Eva Luna, I'll look for that series. I hope you enjoy Dr. Who. Just don't be too critical of the logic. There isn't a lot in the plot devices.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

While you are waiting to see the next Star Dreck or Doctor Whom, you might want to give a look at the Starlost.

http://users.snowcrest.net/fox/star.html

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have avoided Star Trek over the years, really didn't like it at all. But the next one has Benedict Cumberbatch! I'll go see it for him. Thanks for the info re Starlost, will go back to it when I log off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit