star trek

by Hortensia 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It pisses me off that they are advertising the new Star Trek movie so far ahead of release. I thought it would be released soon, turns out it won't be shown until May 2013. And no Sherlock until the fall of 2013 maybe. (I like Benedict Cumberbatch, !)

And as much as I like Matt Smith, I just don't know how much longer I can watch Dr. Who.

OK, rant over. As you were.

• j dubb
    j dubb

...why?

studios do this for every highly anticipated film. releasing a teaser trailer six months ahead of release is expected now. If they didn't release one, it would be assumed that there were production problems with the film.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

because I got all excited thinking it would be released soon. Then found out only that a long trailer will be released soon. I might DIE before I get to see it. You never know!

• cedars
    cedars

I can't stand Dr Who. It's one of the few things that makes me embarrassed to be British.

Cedars

• irondork
    irondork

Hortensia: I might DIE before I get to see it.

That is so funny! I used to worry that Armageddon would come before I got to see the new Star Trek movie when I was a kid. Or to a lesser degree, Armageddon would leave us hanging, wondering how or if the crew of Voyager ever got home.

Add THAT to the list of emotional stresses caused by that retched cult.

LOL

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

oh no cedars im a diehard doctor who fan here and have been for the last 30 years my dad who was a P.O. was a diehard fan too.Tell you what just send the actors and production team over here to america. We have a lot of love for doctor who across the pond.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Oh Cedars, you and I part company there.

I saw the very first episode, with William Hartnell, and I've been a huge fan ever since!

Hortensia, I think publishing trailers a long time ahead of the film release is normal, isn't it? I'm sure I saw trailers for the Hobbit many, many months ago.

• cedars
    cedars

Sorry Chariklo and 20yearfader! I realise my views on Dr Who may prove unpopular, but despite being quite into sci-fi I've just never been able to take that show seriously. I was open-minded with the latest version, but it's still far too wooden and pantomimey for my taste. But hey, we're all different! Variety is the spice of life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cedars

• jgnat
    jgnat

Consider also that the big budgets have to hit the market when it is hot. If it has a chance for an Oscar, it is going to be just before Christmas. If not, it is going scheduled for a summer blockbuster.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Yes, jgnat, and they can't have all the blockbusters together, they wouldn't be able to get the long runs.

I hope the Hobbit hangs around for ages!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit