Who Should Pay For My Wife's Funeral? Me or the Congregation? She killed herself.

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I am a JW rule breaker, and I have never been a "Rat", as logic dictates I am very trusted with people's dealings (inner circles of local players).

"Dear James, there is a brother whose wife pretty much killed herself two years ago and refused to pay for her funeral."...

"He is still in good standing after forcing the congregation to pay for her burial, "Wake" and funds for her poor kids to attend the funeral."

..."He refused to allow the kids of the deceased wife, to pick up her possessions even though their marriage was less than six months."

..."Why are Jehovah's Witnesses as a whole, such good people while invididuals like her husband (he's not poor by any means) pieces of shit who are not disfellowshiped for evil?"

I can't post the whole letter (name changed of course!), the story is enough for members in this area to figure out who "their kind sister" was. What does JWN think, who should pay for the funeral?

• minimus
  • Satanus
    Satanus

The husband and/or the congregation.

S

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Whose moral obligation is it to pay for the funeral, the money-hoarding husband or a poor Kingdom Hall?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Depends if the Elders did anything that could be construed to have caused her to take her own life.

If she went to the Elders for counsel and was treated "unprofessionally" (YES, the Watchtower makes out that they are WELL TRAINED to handle matters of a serious nature.) then there may be a case of "malpractice" on the part of the Elders.

Doc

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

DOC, very good viewpoint as most JWs will trust the elders over calling the police or mental health authorities fearing to bring attention to the Org.

In this case another clue might help decide the issue, they both were very depressed souls. The Congregation might feel guilty they did not do enough to prevent her death or dissuade her from getting married to him? Very hard to say on this issue, thank God I had no book of rules to judge the outcome.

The elders don't have a "cush job", the sheer amount of shitty situations brought to their attention by the Congregations attempt to micromanage people's lives is insane! Your brothers have no desire to know your intimate secrets in the "bedroom" or desire the crisis-calls coming in at, well here: "Three-AM Adultry Phone Calls".

My opinion is the husband should have paid for his wifes funeral (you know the part, "for better or worse") but some deep selfishness and attachment to money prevented him from offering "one penny" to bury "his defective spouse he should have never married (according to one appointed man.)".

We had a young brother who could not wait to become appointed to serve the Congregation, he wanted to "know the dirt on his brothers and sisters". He moved to another Hall after being appointed and after five-years of not seeing him, I said "Hey, how do you enjoy knowing "all the dirt"... he said "I wish I never said that, what I hear at times brings me on my knees to Jehovah God crying". This brother is one of the most humble and helpful elders you will ever meet, reads anything on psychotherapy, couple's counseling and takes classes in Orange County via another church, because our Organization has no methods of teaching "real world life-skills". The program is part of a Master's in "family relationships", which open's up Pandora's box for him. Should he be disfellowshiped for going to a non-JW church to help the Congregation, and become a licensed therapist(two-year program)?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Your answer might be in her suicide note.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

How can someone "pretty much kill them self"?

• blondie
    blondie

My thought exactly fleaman uk

• zeb
    zeb

much to vague for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit