How you really know if you are in a cult.

by kenpodragon 12 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

1. You think the girl in the ankle length dress, neck high sweater, and long sleeve shirt is showing to much skin.

2. You think it is smart to leave school early to spend your days not working for a living, but driving around handing out magazines.

3. You think most Disney movies are questionable for your kids to watch.

4. You think Smurfs are demons.

5. You call kids "youths" all the time.

6. You spent your families vacation at a district convention.

7. You spent you first date, and last date with your spouse before marrying with a chaperon. And you were both in your 30's and virgins.

8. Listening to Barry Manillow is considered rocking it.

9. You once washed your childs mouth out with soap for saying "dang" or "darn"

10. Your idea of family fun is playing Bible Trivia and reading the song book.

11. If someone in your church once counseled you for wearing perfume.

12. You consider a death in the family as a preaching opportunity.

13. You think 7 billion people are wrong and 6 million are right.

14. You base a good job on whether or not it works with your church schedule.

15. If you are at this site and reading all these post and saying ... these are all lies.

• chezza
    chezza

very true ken.

• butalbee
    butalbee

LMAO!!! How true it is.

I was once counselled for #11, elder wart nose told me it that the perfume I was wearing was interfering w/ concentration at a meeting.

Whatever...

• KistByQpid
    KistByQpid

LOL!!! Butalbee...should have whispered..."I'm not wearing any"

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Jesus! I used to do and say all those things. I'm so embarrassed.

• TR
    TR

16. You make the mistake of telling the elders that you're going to get a vacsectomy, and you lose your microphone privleges.

TR

• out4good3
    out4good3

When my wife first started studying she actually committed act #12 on a group of strangers. We just happen to be passing by a church where a funeral was going on. When we got to our destination, she actually took the car and went back to the church to take the opportunity to give the bereaved family a "tract".

I should've taken that as a hint then what JWs were all about. But did I listen,,NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO.

Blind mindcontrol at it's finest....

• Amazing
    Amazing

Good work Chezza ... yes all those you mention, but wait, there is more, many More! But you hit the fun highlights.

TR: "16. You make the mistake of telling the elders that you're going to get a vacsectomy, and you lose your microphone privleges.
    TR"

I was already laughing at what Chezza said, and then got to your #16, and spit my coffee out. How true, how true! Funny how such simply things results in losing 'priveledges.'

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• TheStar
    TheStar

What's the deal with a vacsectomy? Never knew it was frowned upon.

• LDH
    LDH

Well, Star, *OBVIOUSLY* TR was a MUCH more spiritual man, because he read those magazines!

Yes, vasectomies and tubal ligations were very much frowned on. I think if you do a search you might find the thread.

Kenpo what a great thread. Reminds me of Joe Pesci in "My Cousin Vinny" --the two "YOUTS"

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit