List Of Names Of Legal Dept at Bethel?

by frankiespeakin 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Good point Chaserous.

Romney

My Accountant is Morman. Smart guy, sent his kid to BYU.

I used to go in service with a Watchtower Attorney. Nice smart guy, griped about JWs lying to him and screwing up cases. Used and abused by JWs and WTBTS..But he still did the BORGS bidding.

• Aware!
    Aware!

It's a mystery how and why very educated people in law or medicine continue to support Watchtower.

I often wonder the same thing.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Does anyone has any up to date info on these attorneys? Google Sories. Bar Association info. Personal experience? (no slander please).

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Do you mean a more recent list, or additional info about the people listed? It appears in addition to those listed above (not all of whom are apparently working for the WTS), the following people have NY law licenses and a Patterson Watchtower address:

Andrea Y. Wang

Ronald L. Slater

Keturah Alegra Dunne

Gregory D. Olds

Francis J. McNamara

I didn't copy all of their additional info, but it looks like the most recent to graduate law school is 2000, so they don't appear to be existing Bethelites who were put through law school recently by the WTS.

I also ran a search of all attorneys who were counsel to the WTS in cases where the WTS was a party with a written opinion since 2005. Note that this will not capture attorneys who do not litigate, such as those who exclusively handle real estate issues or estate matters. It also won't capture cases where the WTS was not actually a named party, such as the Menlo Park land case. In addition to the others in my post, these include:

Gregory Allen

Calvin Rouse

Nora Vargas-Acosta (Admitted in Puerto Rico; appears to possibly be an ACLU attorney)

J. Jerome Miller (NC)

Jack R. Reiter, Gregory A. Victor, and Natalie J. Carlos (FL)

Donald E. Gardner and Brian J.S. Cullen (NH)

Eileen Smith (TN)

Please note that I am expressing no opinion as to whether the attorneys named here are Jehovah's Witnesses or employed by the Watchtower organization. I am merely reporting that they have entered appearances on behalf of the Watchtower Society or appeared on a brief for the WTS.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Also: It looks like a few of the guys from 2003 have moved on to private practice:

http://www.mandellawfirm.com/Attorney-Profiles/Donald-T-Ridley.shtml

A fine example of humility on Brother Ridley's part in writing his bio, BTW. " When the chips are down and the wolves are closing in, there's no one better to have in your corner than Don Ridley." I guess after years of having wolves for clients, he knows all the tricks on warding them off!

http://www.aglinett.com/attorneys/index.php

http://custerlaw.net/bio.html

I imagine if you leave Bethel and join a local congregation somewhere you could have a fairly lucrative general private practice as an attorney. Between the lack of witness lawyers and the prestige of having been a "Bethel lawyer, these guys can probably snag every JW car wreck, worker's comp case, will, real estate closing, custody case, SSA dispute, and small business incorporation for every witness within 50 miles.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks everyone! Great research. Any more background data ?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In Australia, one of the lawyers is;

Vincent Toole Solicitor, Denham Court NSW 2565

2-4 Zouch Road, Denham Court NSW 2565

02 9829 8914

Denham Court is the address of the Australian Bethel.

His assistant, Renee Moore went on to work for her father's firm.

For serious cases with huge loss potential, the WTBTS uses the same high-profile, high dollar law firms as the large corporate interests do. They used Jackson Lewis LLP for the Conti case, and lost. Their legal bills for that case are likely in the neighborhood of $1,000,000, and growing.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

I noticed that, 144,001, as well as the fact that the lawyer from Jackson Lewis has represented them in a number of other cases. It appears he might be one of their "go-to" outside attorneys. Jackson Lewis specializes in employment law, which often involves argument to the effect of "what that guy did might have been bad, but he wasn't representing us when he did it," which I suppose is an argument they need to make frequently when people want to hold them liable for the acts of various individual members, including the Conti case.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I found quite a few on this last year...if i recall correctly i cross referenced phone numbers that several legal eagles shared that turned out to be WTBTS at two or three different adresses and variation of the same address. Perhaps others will know...i must have foubd the link thru here!

http://lawyers.justia.com/lawyers/new-york/patterson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit