A simpler time..

by coffee_black 13 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yeah... Clarity, the program she produced was in the 50s I think. I was just a little kid at the time, so I don't remember a lot about it. Here's a link to her obit. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8417753.html

You can only see part of it.... you have to sign up in order to see the whole thing. She was an interesting, accomplished lady. She married at age 65 for the first time.... It amazed me that she remained a jw...

The Vermont house was sold over 25 years ago.. Brenda died in NH, at an assisted living home.

Shirley,This was from a time when they preserved fruit and veggies. I remember my grandmother canning. Blueberries and raspberries grew wild on the property, and there were apples as well. Yum.

Coffee

• smiddy
    smiddy

coffee_black

I really appreciated the drawings ,you have a talent.....memories ? of a time long past ? sure ,we always remember the good things we miss about it and shut our mind to the negatives that existed during that time .Certainly a lot of skills and talents existed back then are long lost on our modern generation , and that`s a pity . But their were also a lot of bad things that existed in times past that we dont want to acknoweledge , our memories only want to remember the good things that we shared .,and I guess thats how we cope with what we have today .

Thank you for sharing your experience .

smiddy

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Beautiful! Reminds me of Little House on the Prairie. Simpler times...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Smiddy,

I hear you. Been through a lot in my life....and this is the place I escape to in my mind when life becomes overwhelming.

There have always been bad things going on in the world. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't enjoy or remember the good things. As a kid, I had no power to change those things...if I was even aware of them. Remembering the good nurtures the soul.

When we were there, the rest of the world seemed to slip away. There was no electricity....hence no tv or radio....no phones. We would drive into town (Ludlow, about 7 miles away...or Weston, about the same distance) every few days, but that was pretty much the only connection with the outside world. Oh... and we'd go to the KH on Sunday....a long drive, in Clermont, NH.

James Woods... I'm so happy for you...that you have a place to get away!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit