Which is best? An EVOLVED or a CREATED human?

by Terry 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

We are certainly taller, bigger, and stronger than our ancient ancestors. Much of that, however, can be put to better nutrition in modern times.

We live longer. Much of that can be attributed to medical advances.

Are we smarter? Difficult to say - certainly we have better technology, but that could be the result of decades upon decades of continuous development.

Can we paint better than Da Vinci? Can we compose music better than J.S. Bach? Do we have greater mathematical geniuses than Euler or Fermat?

It would be difficult to prove an "evolved improvement" in the biologically short time that man has recorded his history.

However, none of that should be taken to prove the silly notion of "instant creation".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

One can PERHAPS view our increasing performance in sports as evidence of sort, but since we really don't have that much historical evidence of the past, it is only conjecture.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Which is best? An EVOLVED or a CREATED human ?

Answer = Evolved since mankind can and will continue to evolve toward a further improved physical state

but also to grow in knowledge of the world of which we actually live.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" One can PERHAPS view our increasing performance in sports as evidence of sort, but since we really don't have that much historical evidence of the past, it is only conjecture. "

I am glad you said "PERHAPS ". IMO 8 out of ten humans could play sports at a professional level. Enviroment is huge factor, and the technological pampering they receive is staggering... I highly doubt most of our " Gods " of the modern sports world could perform as well as ancient warriors. They would cry for their mommies and coaches if faced with a real challenge for survival. Think " Battle of Thermopylae ". Contrast that with Lawrence Taylor, in his prime, barely completing 3- 1 minute rounds of boxing in a tough man contest. Specialization in one field ( a physical idiot savant ) doesn't prove an evolution to a higher form of human being.

However, none of that should be taken to prove the silly notion of "instant creation"

Who said creation was instant?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I am glad you said "PERHAPS ". IMO 8 out of ten humans could play sports at a professional level. Enviroment is huge factor, and the technological pampering they receive is staggering... I highly doubt most of our " Gods " of the modern sports world could perform as well as ancient warriors. They would cry for their mommies and coaches if faced with a real challenge for survival. Think " Battle of Thermopylae ". Contrast that with Lawrence Taylor, in his prime, barely completing 3- 1 minute rounds of boxing in a tough man contest. Specialization in one field ( a physical idiot savant ) doesn't prove an evolution to a higher form of human being.

Again, pure conjecture.

I've been in Martial arts for over 30 years, compete at the amateur, semi-pro and pro level in various fighting arts and i can tell you, elite atheltes are just that ELITE.

Its a whole different world, truly.

I think that we need to compare the elite VS the elite if we are gonna get "apples and oranges' but with the typicll "embelishments" of History in terms of military exploits, that is at the very least, hard to do.

• james_woods
    james_woods

However, none of that should be taken to prove the silly notion of "instant creation"
    Who said creation was instant?

The witnesses.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Conjecture on who's end? Mine? I could have been a Seal. Even after the mandatory cut off date. At 35 I still had no issues going above and beyond the PT requirements. A knew a Navy Dr. who would have got me in despite my age. I think that qualifies for an " elite " perspective as far as physical fitness is concerned. If you want to make the argument that the mentality required to push one's body is an evolved feature then perhaphs...

Even so evviroment is a major factor. I have seen very physically imposing specimens who simply can't cut it. I have seen plain ol' Joe Farmboys beat the pants off of some " elites ". I have also known many paper-tigers in my day. Unless you are in a real fight club you are just dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLQMvsxFoUE&list=PLFD744B8342595C17&index=3

Jw's believe creation was instant???? I did not know that.

• Terry
    Terry

As more and more things are provided to us through medicine, science, technology, etc. there are fewer and fewer NECESSARY skills to be developed.

That has a dumbing down effect, certainly.

I don't know many young people who pick up a book and read for pleasure unless it is a vampire trilogy:)

But, with the available proliferation of easy acess knowledge we are the best and the brightest society in history.

We don't need a personal library because it is all online:)

No need to memorize or compute sums because our iPhone has a calculator.

We evolve to the point where we're a brain in a jar I guess and then what?? It's better than Armageddon and living in Paradise with 7 million JW's :)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

We have become complacent in many parts of the world. Then in others people have to struggle just to live. It makes me wonder if something is going to even the playing field. Growth comes from a need IMO. What is going to be the catalyst for the next step?

Being a brain that could live forever would be pretty awesome! If we could put our Brains is a cyborg body and not in a jar that would be even better! I enjoy your posts BTW.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Thinking laterally...evolved....created....

An android?

Data, as in Star Trek? He was pretty well best at most things, but somewhat challenged on the emotional front.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit