Our holiday light show for Christmas

by troubled mind 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Troubled Mind:

Very nice.

I love Christmas decorations and lights and go out of my way to walk or drive around to see them. I happen to know for a fact that many JWs like them too but they are secretive and don't want the control freaks to know about it. December is a gloomy month and the colorful lights give a beautiful lift to the evenings. What is there not to like?

The religion is positively hateful with its "bah, humbug" attitude about the holidays in general and I can never forgive them for trying to take the "L" out of life and separate people from their relatives. Now that I am out of there, I make it a point to revel in Christmas and all its lights, sounds and smells, probably more so than before I made the mistake of joining the JW religion.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Very nice. Has he started planning his Valentines Day lighting plans? Or has he started rewiring the house with programmed external outlets?

• Stealth
    Stealth

Love it!

The first year I did holiday lights, we went all out, every breaker in the house was running at max capacity. It was fun, but I failed to realize at the time that all these decorations require storage space during the off season.

• blondie
    blondie

Wonderful lights. Definitely, ahead of anything our 60 neighbors have.

I just adjust the holly

• ziddina
    ziddina

Lovely, Blondie!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I will pass along all the good suggestions to my husband for next year ,especially the LED $ saving ideas ! He counted so far 7,000 lights ,but that really is not too much ,so he says . Another yard in town has 14,000 lights !

We have had a terrible time with squirrels chewing throught he wires .Thankfully my husband knows how to rewire and repair them . My favorite thing is collecting the blow mold figures ,we visited a house a few miles away from here that has 600 !!!!! It was crazy ...I am going back to take pictures this weekend .

I love the Sanata on the roof falling on the ice ...maybe next year .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit