A quick experiment - what do you get if you Google "JW.org"?

by cedars 31 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Hi guys

I've noticed that a significant number of inbound search engine visits to JWsurvey.org are coming from the keyword "JW.org" - it's currently around 3 to 5 visits per hour. I quite like the thought that I'm getting extra traffic thanks to JWs typing the address of the official website in their search bar rather than their address bar.

I've done a quick check, and I've noticed that although JW.org occupies the top ranking for this keyword, four of the other links to websites/videos on the first page are all anti-Watchtower, including JWsurvey.org and JWleaks.org.

Sometimes Google tailors its results to suit the individual, so I'm curious to know - is everyone else finding the same thing when they do a search for this keyword?

Cedars

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Yup tried it and JW.org is on the top BUT after that search there is the following:

jw-media.org

watchtower.org

several youtube videos

jwsurvey.org

• toweragent
    toweragent

I got the official website...

Then the two redirecting links from wathtower.org and jw-media.org...

Followed by three anti-Tower youtube video suggestions...

And then jwsurvey.org

Nicely written articles btw, I'm enjoying them! Keep it up man!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Page 1 of Google search results:

jw.org

jw-media.org

A couple of youtubes

facebook page

WT library for android

jwsurvey

• cedars
    cedars

Interesting! Thanks chaps.

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    A quick experiment - what do you get if you Google "JW.org"?

A Cow Pie..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/CowPie-JeffVanuga.JPG/250px-CowPie-JeffVanuga.JPG

..........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Same as Butterfly.

Several official WT sites

3 youtube links

jwsurvey is the final link on the first page

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Mine are similar to Ann and Toweragent.

If anyone wants to get a "real" result and they use google chrome, open an "incognito window" This will remove local and personalized results.

Good news though on the actual results from Google, hopefully if you move up a few positions there Cedars you might start seeing a flood of traffic from active JWs. It just illustrates the real problem the GB has in trying to move people to the internet, ain't no way in hell they aren't going to inadvertantly direct some to "apostate" sites.

I can see it now at the next DC-

"Brothers and sisters, please type JW.org into your address bar, not your search bar or a search engine"....Immediately followed by elderly JW couples staring blankly at each other in utter confusion...

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for the tip LostGeneration, I hadn't thought of that! Stoopid me.

Well, I'm a little disappointed to be on the bottom of page 1, but at least I'm on the first page. I don't think I ever expect to see a flood of JWs for that keyword, but I can be more than satisfied with a trickle!

Cedars

• 00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit