WT: World War I started in October 1914 (not July 1914)

by Calebs Airplane 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

According to the WT, these are the actual sequence of events that led to the start of World War I:

1) The Gentile Times ended on October 1/2, 1914

2) Jesus took the throne immediately thereafter.

3) One of Jesus' first tasks as the newly enthroned King was to engage in a heavenly war against Satan and his demons.

4) Having won the war against Satan and his demons, Jesus expelled Satan and his demons from the heavenly realm giving them only terrestial access.

5) Since Satan is a sore loser, he became extremely bitter and decided to wreak havoc upon all the earth.

6) Filled with anger, Satan then provoked the nations of the earth into a 4 year bloody battle known today as World War I

So there you have it... WWI started sometime in October of 1914 (not July 1914 as history books would have you believe). The FDS should send an email out to all profesors of world history so that they may keep up with Jehovah's chariot...

• rickisteel
    rickisteel

yes i noticed that the other day when looking over the gentile times

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Good catch

• sir82
    sir82

The way I heard it was that Satan knew he was about to be expelled from heaven, so he started WWI a few months early as a distraction. With the nations involved in fighting each other, they'd pay no attention to Jesus being enthroned.

You can't make this stuff up!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

And today's JW (and most others) don't imagine that the wars before World War One were very brutal.

Experts feel that the French Revolution was about the worst of them. The American Revolution was similar. There were advances in weaponry and war strategies that led to bloody conflicts long before Satan was cast out.

So I guess Satan could run things on earth from Heaven prior to 1914.

Maybe he started the rumblings of war in July so he could hold it over God's head. "Kick me out and millions will die. I can stop it, but you have to work with me here."

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry
    4) Having won the war against Satan and his demons, Jesus expelled Satan and his demons from the heavenly realm giving them only terrestial access.

This supposed fight was not a matter of days or months. Doesn't a captain at the helm always leave last? Satan was thrown out of heaven in 1918.

In fact, at the very time that Christ Jesus was being enthroned as King of the heavenly kingdom in 1914 (Dan. 7:13, 14), Satan was permitted to enforce a grueling ‘Babylonish-like captivity’ upon the anointed remnant on earth from 1914 to 1919. The Kingdom’s establishment in 1914 immediately brought war between its enthroned King, Christ Jesus, called Michael, and the opposer Satan with his wicked angels. This resulted in Satan’s complete defeat by 1918, when he and his wicked forces were ejected from the heavenly realm to be cast downward into the vicinity of the earth.

w66 9/15 p. 553 par. 2

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    According to the WT, these are the actual sequence of events that led to the start of World War I:

The Watch Tower Society doesn't claim that World War I started in or after October 1914. Back in 1966 (The Watchtower, 15 October, p. 622), they claimed that "the war in heaven to oust Satan and his demons must have run for some time along with the international conflict here on earth [World War I]" (though this contradicts the order of events in their own interpretation of Revelation 12:17).

Since then, they've simply ignored the 'inconvenient' order of events.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Just quoting minimus: Satan was ejected from heaven the latest by March 26, 1918.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Satan was ejected from heaven the latest by March 26, 1918.

Relax. Satan isn't real.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

1975 Yearbook

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit