If you could leave the truth again what would you do differently?

by usualusername 29 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

If you could leave the truth again what would you do differently?

uun

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'd do it a lot sooner

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'ld fade, and carry on w the business stuff i was doing w jws. I wouldn't try to exit any of them, and i wouldn't need to go to churches, anymore. But, i don't have very many regrets about how i did it, i did what i needed to do, at the time.

S

• brokethechain
    brokethechain

I never left the "truth".

I left an organization run by men that I had believed my entire life was the "truth".

The only thing I would have done differently is avoid talking about ANY of my doubts / issues with the WT with ANY JW except for my spouse.

I'm fairly happy with how I left.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I would have done it much sooner, probably around my freshmen year in HS. Then I would of had a normal HS experience. I wouldn't have gotten baptized ESP at 13!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I didn't leave the truth either. But would I change how I left the Wt? Absolutely! I did it all wrong. But maybe it worked the way it did for a reason. But I would've shown more love, less anger, and more patience with others.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Definitely would have left SOONER ! Fear really kept me back for far too long .

I would not have discussed my doubts with anyone else besides my husband and children . I would have told him earlier about my doubts and shared things with him sooner. Again fear of the unknown response held me back .

I made the mistake of saying too much to soon to my sister in law ,neice and brother ....but it really wouldn't have mattered much the outcome would have eventually been the same with them .

Otherwise I am satisfied with the way I left .

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I was never baptised, and walked out when I was 21, but I would have liked to have asked more questions from some of them; especially the brother I worked with, as I think now he was a ‘conscious class’ bro- but he never said anything against the Borg.
    It would be nice to know who the ‘true believers’ were, and who was there for other reasons.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I would not have moved in with my sister, who was studying. My life would have been very different. I was 17 when I moved in with her.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

I've never left the truth, but I ran from a pack of lies......The journey continues and Truth is a lifelong quest, and I know I'll never ever stop till I find that Happiness. InsearchofTruth4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit