The Governing Body Rewrites the Organization’s Past and Future History

by Cameron_Don 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am still struggling with what exactly they are saying with this Noo Lite, so if I summarise what I think they are saying, some of you with more sparking brain cells than me can please correct me if I'm not getting it ?

I see it thus : Point One; The small group of men at H.Q in 1919 who gave out spiritual food were appointed then over Jesus' Household Domestics. That small group became the FDS at that point in History.

Point Two; The Domestics are any that swallow this Sp. Food, from the 1930's this would include non-anointed.

Point Three; When the FDS are whooshed up to Heaven at some future point in time, they will be appointed over ALL Jesus' belongings, those belongings in Heaven and on Earth.

So, the claim is still for a sort of mini-appointment in 1919, it is also claimed that none of the domestics , anointed or not, are given the responsibility over the rest of the domestics, it only belongs to the GB/FDS.

This begs a lot of questions, they still have to prove why they should have been chosen in 1919, they have to explain nearly all their past doctrine, like input from others of the anointed, as being not "Light" at all, is the 144,000 figure for them in Heaven still literal ? (I can think of an easy way to explain that , if they wish to stick to its literalness, but I see them abandoning that as a literal number).

It means as far as I can see that all I was taught as "The Truth" since the early 1950's until I left a few years ago, is now not "Truth" at all.

Yes, a biggie to any JW who can still think a little bit.

• BroMac
    BroMac

thanks don!

would like your thoughts on whether you think the 144k only in heaven is next in line for a change in understanding. ?

• Splash
    Splash

Hi,

To try to make the new light clearer:

Old Understanding:

Jesus goes away on a journey in 33CE and appointed an anointed class of F&DS to feed the domestics. These have existed all through time since then, until Jesus came back in 1914. In 1919 he judged and pronounced the F&DS happy and appointed them over all his earthly belongings.

33CE Jesus appoints a F&DS Class (new nation "Israel of God") to feed his domestics (other anointed)

33CE GB formed

33CE Jesus leaves on a journey and instructs to start the preaching (Talents- Mt 25:14-15)

1914 Jesus returns (master arrives). Parousia (presence) begins.

1918-19 Temple inspection and cleansing / refining (Mal 3:1-2)

1919 Jesus judges (Bridegroom arrives Mt25:5) and appoints the existing F&DS over all his belongings

1919 Greater Cyrus declares the anointed righteous and releases them from Babylonian captivity

1919 Two witnesses revived from revelation (Rev 11 - linked to appointment over Christ's belongings)

1919 Jesus determines that Christendom are the Evil Slave

1919 Jesus places “the key of the house of David” upon the shoulder of FDS (Isa. 22:22)

1919 'Spiritual paradise' is established. (Isaiah 66:8)

19xx Resurrection of anointed begins and they assist in transmitting truths

Gt Trib - Jesus comes like a thief in the night

Gt Trib - Judge the nations and bring Armageddon (Mt 24:43)

New Understanding:

"The Faithful and Discreet Slave is a small group of anointed brothersduring Jesus’ presence serving at Watchtower Headquarters who are directly involved in the preparing and dispensing of spiritual food. The individual members of the Governing Body are not the Faithful and Discreet Slave. They only act as the Faithful and Discreet Slave when they are working as a collective body in making decisions regarding the dispensing of spiritual food."

33CE New nation of anointed ("Israel of God" but not FDS) born.

33CE GB formed (?) but no FDS* over his household.

33CE Jesus leaves on a journey and instructs to start the preaching (Talents)

1914 Jesus returns (master arrives)? Parousia (presence) begins?

1919 Jesus appoints the F&DS to feed his domestics (anointed + other sheep)

1919 Resurrection of anointed begins

1919 Jesus goes away again?

Gt Trib - Parousia begins(?) (Lu 12:37)

Gt Trib - Jesus comes like a thief in the night

Gt Trib - Temple cleansed (Mal 3:1-2) and appoints the Faithful Slave over all his belongings.

Gt Trib - Jesus returns from his long journey (Talents). The Bridegroom arrives and judges the Virgins.

Gt Trib - Two witnesses revived from revelation (Rev 11 - linked to appointment over Christ's belongings)

Gt Trib - Jesus places “the key of the house of David” upon the shoulder of FDS (Isa. 22:22)

Gt Trib - Jesus determines who is the Evil Slave, from among the same household as the Faithful Slave.

Gt Trib - Greater Cyrus declares the anointed righteous and releases them from Babylonian captivity

Gt Trib - 'Spiritual paradise' is established. (Isaiah 66:8)

Gt Trib - Judge the nations and bring Armageddon (Mt 24:30)

* This is actually the GB but cannot be called that explicitly because the GB was not formed until 1971, so didn't even exist in 1919. Therefore careful wording is used instead: " a group of anointed brothers serving at Watchtower headquarters ".

Splash

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

w02 10/1 p. 17 par. 22 Jehovah Blesses and Protects Those Who Are Obedient

Another reason for confidence is that "the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7) Today, Jehovah does not inspire prophets as in the past; instead, he has commissioned a faithful slave class to provide timely spiritual food to his household. (Matthew 24:45-47) How important, therefore, that we have an obedient attitude toward that "slave"! As the following article will show, such obedience also reflects our attitude toward Jesus, the 'slave's' master. He is the One to whom 'the obedience of the peoples belongs.'-Genesis 49:10.

w99 10/1 p. 5 par. 4 "For Everything There Is an Appointed Time"

On the other hand, if we fail to understand fully certain Bible texts or explanations provided in Watch Tower publications, do we have reason to become impatient? Awaiting Jehovah's appointed time to clarify matters is the course of wisdom. "For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7) What a marvelous promise! But we must realize that Jehovah reveals his confidential matters at the time he deems advisable. For that purpose God has authorized a "faithful and discreet slave" to provide his people with "their [spiritual] food at the proper time." (Matthew 24:45) There is, therefore, no reason for us to become overly concerned, or even agitated, that certain matters are not fully explained. Rather, we can be confident that if we patiently wait on Jehovah, he will provide, through the faithful slave, what is needed "at the proper time."

So what went wrong? Hopefully, thinking JWs will be wondering.

For 90 years, the 'appointed slave' has misidentified itself and wrongly elevated itself. Why didn't God reveal this important thing, this 'confidential matter' to his servants at the 'proper time' and, as DonC said, allowed a 'spirit of error' to permeate for nearly a century? Is there any instance in the Bible where God misinforms (after all, the old thinking was claimed to be spirit-directed, right?) his faithful servants?

How can the 'slave' be deemed 'faithful and discreet' if it has presumptuously given itself a higher status than it should have had? And if the Master has not yet arrived to assess the slave's performance as to whether his catering duties have been carried out faithfully and discreetly or wickedly, on what basis does the slave demand confidence and obedience from the Master's household?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Now the real groundwork has been laid to ditch 1914.

They can then remove the embarrassment over 607. In a thread I started about 5 years ago, I said that in order to ditch 1914, they had to make the appointment of the slave a future event, and wrote a spoof Witchtower article showing how it might be done.

This is uncannily accurate.

Praise to hamstergod.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

So let me get this right.

Jesus needs to later inspect the Governing Body's faithfulness in dispensing spiritual food, food he directs them to give out.

This prompts the question: How does one know if the GB is teaching the truth? How does she know they are really giving people Jesus' direction? Thus, how does one know that JWs represent God's one and only spirit-directed organization?

Maybe the new teaching addresses these questions, but they are the ones my mind first puts up. I don't believe in the Bible so all this is just a hypothetical thought exercise for me.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

As for the "Evil slave" - these are the man working at beth hell in NY in 1919, who didnt want to go along with the new policies of da Judge. Christendom doesnt even get a look in, as they were not expecting Christ to return invisibly like the Babble Students.

They have basically completely undermined their assertion that Jesus "returned" in 1914. ( already hinted at in the "Proclaimers " book p136)

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Christendom doesnt even get a look in, as they were not expecting Christ to return invisibly like the Babble Students.

The BSs had never 'expected Christ to return.' It was always 'discerned' after the return was supposed to have happened.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

I started Kingdom Hall meetings in 1957 the 1914 date for Jesus return aka second coming (invisibly) is ALL we ever talked about.

Did you know that they have disfellowshipped tens or even hundreds of thousands for failing the 1914 loyality oath?The 'evil slave' falling out was all over 1914 Jesus no show.

1914 is the CORE CREED doctrine for the Watchtower,for them to ever renounce this core belief would be like the Catholic church renouncing the cross and Mary.OR like the Mormons renouncing Joseph Smith and the the golden plates Jesus came to America OR Muslims renouncing Mohamed.

Damn the Watchtower they are fraud for God charlatans.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Refried -

The WT ditched 1874, 1881, 1925, 1975 without so much as a murmur from the flock.

If 1914 is ditched (along with only annointed partakers) the sheeples will all gloat "oh how wonderful to be part of this progressive spiritual paradise!"

Whenever they change a teaching it is swallowed hook line and sinker. JWs are the Eskimos who buy snow.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit