The three definitions of apostasy

by cedars 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks CedarS your articles are always uplifting and enlightening.

And He said to me, “It is done! [c] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, [d] and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, [e] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. revelation. 21 ...

Based on Revelation 21 above, it seems that there is a source of Life available for all. This Life enables us to over come Satan, sin and death as mentioned in 1john 5:9-13.

There is NOT one doctrine mentioned above that would hinder us from this life. What is condemned is a willful sinful way of life.

An apostate in MHO would be those who have tasted this life from Christ and would know By experience the enabling power from God, to overcome Satan, sin and death, but have willfully rejected this new life to be more than conquerors.

Shalom

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just a minor point that makes no difference to the Elders, but if you did not accept the Noo Lite on something, you could not be accused accurately of "abandoning" a belief that you never held.

They will DF you and insist all JW's shun you anyway,no matter how much you point out their errors.

A very good article Cedars, and I think one that will help JW's to continue to read your excellent writings, I know that even after I had been out for awhile, I was not actually that comfortable with JWN ! and other sites were just plain scary to me, so to put a reading JW at their ease about your site is a necessary and good thing to do, may your site help many down off the dangerous mountain !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Phizzy - "...you could not be accused accurately of 'abandoning' a belief that you never held."

It ain't about right or wrong beliefs, or even about abandoning them or not.

To the R&F, it's about aligning yourself with the winning team.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yep--my own mother has said all those things in that old article about me in recent years. She told our worldly relatives too who asked me if she is mentally ill--who in this day and age actually believes in demon possession?

They asked me why she thinks this and I explain it's because I told her if she believes in gene mutation she believes in it she believes in the essence of evolution.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BTW, Cedars, I just wanted to let you know I'm glad you finally realized that you are an apostate.

Of course we should always remember: Jesus was an apostate too!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Excellent articles Cedars!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Cedars,

I still prefer the ring of "HERETIC" it just rolls off the tongue better.

Here is a Monty Python link for you heretic Brits: http://youtu.be/2RqhsGy1fh0

(Note:Uncle Ted has your jaunty cap)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Great job Cedars. What I particularly like is that this subject is so current. This is the perfect time reason with a loved one or Elder about this. If you can plant the seed then who knows? As for the Elders, it will be very helpful in revealing their heart condition. It may help more open-minded ones to see the hypocrisy of persecuting the sheep for simply having diffrent beliefs. I am going to make a special point to bring this out at any future meetings that I am invited to. I was accused of being a potential apostate and subsequently stripped of all priviliges to encourage me and re-adjust my thinking. Next time I will ask them about this subject and be a little more assertive. I will ask " Do you think that I was an apostate for the years I did not believe in a FDS " class " ? Had I told you that after studying God's word I did not belive in the FDS " class " what would you have done? Would you have DF'd me if you knew that I privately believed there was no FDS " class " ? I know a couple of Elders who probably did not agree with how I was treated, it may get them thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit