DO THE Governing Body fit the criteria for FDS ?

by Phizzy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

From JW.org report of 2012 A.G.M :

"The evidence points to the following conclusion: "The faithful and discreet slave" was appointed over Jesus' domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ's presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as "the faithful and discreet slave.""

As most of the preparing and dispensing of spiritual food is done by the Writing Department, the Legal Department and then dispensed by the Shipping department, all manned in the main by NON-anointed JW's, these cannot be the FDS, and as the Governing body, though anointed themselves, has little real input in this, especially as far as "dispensing" goes, when was the last time one of them drove a truck ? the GB do not fit the criteria in their statement above as to who the FDS is.

So we are back to the 2000 year old question "Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave ?"

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

All who are baptized into Christ are anointed - baptized in water & spirit. (John 3:5) "Jesus answered: "Most truly I say to you, Unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

All are slaves of Christ, not just a few.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I would say, self proclaimed faithfullness and discreeteness is does not prove anything. Jesus even supposed that a faithful slave could turn evil:

“Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. 47 Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But if that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is not coming for a long time,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; 50 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, 51 and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I think that every leader of any "christian" hierarchy regards himself to be the "faithful slave".

No wonder that the leaders of the Watchtower society do the same.

Just ask any "christian" denomination, and their leaders will explain that only they are the "faithful slave".

Better you study the Bible your self instead of following men.

Let the promised by Jesus holy spirit, the helper lead you to all the truth.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Kosonen, great comment!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

THe GB will simply create the criteria to qualify as the FDS. It's all it takes to control .5% of the population of the earth

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

This is typical WT fare:

"The evidence points to the following conclusion:"

"All the relevant facts argue that . . . "

"The facts of history unmistakenly reveal that . . . "

Of course, no facts are ever presented. Just the statement that any facts worth considering point to whatever conclusion the Society has arrived at. If you, or anyone else, reach a different conclusion, it was because of using "facts" that were of no value.

This is propaganda at its practiced best!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes.

I mean NO! AAAAaaaarrggghh!!!!

[cast into the River of Eternal Peril]

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and dubs repeat it. The few times I engage them on something, it's the same statements. The facts prove it's true. Whenever I ask what facts, I get a blank stare or a smart remark

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

BoC:

Yes.

I mean NO! AAAAaaaarrggghh!!!!

[cast into the River of Eternal Peril]

That rates as one of the funniest movies to me. And all the while King Author is counting, "1, 2, 5" ("no, three sir")

• moshe
    moshe

The old F&DS were so discreet that they were just like a UFO- all the JWs had heard of them, but nobody could say they had actually seen one of them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit