ALL:What Habit Do You Have That You Thought Would Get You Destroyed For 1 Day?

by DubR 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DubR
    DubR

Hello lurkers, christians, agnostics, atheist, exjws! I have always been a hardcore gamer. God of War, Call of Duty, Halo, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, etc love em all. Rated R movies, UFC, experimenting & having fun in the sheets, white lies, animes like Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, and Bleach cant live without em. I followed many of the basic teachings to a T:stayed a virgin for many years(was actually sometimes called gay in HS because I was too attractive to not have a girlfriend), studied lesson, commented, read sunday watchtower, carried mic, field service, etc.

But every night I would be scared to death I would be destroyed by Jehovah because that night I played Final Fantasy or I watched new episode of DBZ that day or I said I was 7" when I'am really 6" LOL. Yes many active JWs sisters will ask your measurements LOL. See deep down I knew (it was crystal clear) Jehovah hates anyone loving violence and man I obviously freaking loved violence! Its entertaining and thats a fact! I was never delusional to think I could continue loving all these lil things and just pray about it every night (not true repentance). I would have to turn away from what I loved and live a pretty boring existence (not gonna happen). What habits do you have that you thought would one day get you destroyed by Jehovah?

• DubR
  • puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I smoke weed. I curse. I enjoy an occasional cigar. I listen to heavy metal and rap, and go to concerts. I spend time alone with ladies I am not married to.

• Aware!
    Aware!

I'm the same except now I can watch whatever I want and love anime.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There are several that I recall. One, I loved education and respected my teachers, including the ones that taught science. I wrote a report against evolution but I wanted to believe evolution. Second, I adored the Beatles, the British wave, and Bob Dylan. I was counterculture at heart. It seemed that because I was a JW, I was left out of fun. Parties. While still a Witness, I made pilgrimages to Greenwich Village. My parents actually drove me so I ensnared my parents, too. Oh, my siblings were in the car. Third, when I was in fifth grade, I realized that the brothers leading Wt study were functionally illiterate. The text was clear. They were wrong. Soon I started wondering if I would be struck down as the couple in ACts that Peter deals with. The mere act of the brothers making a mistake and knowing it caused me much fret time. I briefly knew the account in Acts, and that the Witnesses said to sin against the Holy Spirit was unforgiveable so I freaked. Looking back, I should have asked my parents but I felt condemned for eternity.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Man, there is such a culture of guilt among the JW's. Whether it be masturbation, sex, playing video games, watching violent movies or even violent sports. After enough years it builds into your persona where you feel guilty and you don't know why. At least that's the way I was when I was a JW.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I could never bring myself to totally purge my music collection. Even at my hard core dubbiest, certain songs still made my heart soar and I couldn't turn them off. I never stopped watching crime dramas like Law & Order - I justified it to myself by saying that the bad guys were always shown as bad, and they always got caught.

• DubR
    DubR

Ahh how could I forget meat beating! I stayed a virgin for a minute (really believed in my relationship with Jehovah) so as a teen I was busting ALL KINDS OF NUTS alone!! But man i would get suicidal depressed from that act for many years. Elders got on me for facial hair, growing afro too long (wanted dreads BUT NOO); and somebody snitched and said I bump rap around campus. Man so many rules, so much fear being a true active JW. Dont miss it one bit

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, such "offenses" as having it being near my birthday or Christmas and not totally forgetting about it. Or, when I was in an area with Christmas songs going, any "persistence" (where your brain continues the song after it finishes or it gets interrupted) constituted "celebrating". Yes, they were actually that hard line. And looking at the Christmas decorations (including the Christmas trees) while out in field circus.

Then there was that November 1, 1989 washtowel rag. That destroyed any and all hope of getting with the opposite sex (at least those in the world, since even if I got them in, Brother Hounder could play that "wait until they are seasoned" crap until someone else takes the possibility away). How I wish I could have had a fire in the warehouse at the time that issue was being stored, a blackout during the boasting sessions when they were supposed to discuss that sxxx, and 50 meters of snow (meters, not inches) the night before those two boasting sessions.

And that I could not pious-sneer. Not for circumstances or disciplinary reasons. However, they kept hounding me to pious-sneer to the point that there was no way it would have counted. I believe that Jehovah wanted me to reach the top levels of the organization with at least 200 hours of field circus a month, plus maximum placements and perfect obedience to whatever drab color scheme they wanted me to display, as a condition of making it into Jehovah's "new order". Even if I did the 200 hours, it wouldn't count because they hounded me to the point that it would have been for those hounding me anyways.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I thought if I didn't go in Service enough or missed meetings for no good reason, I'd be destroyed and condemned to everlasting cutting off along with Hitler, Ted Bundy and Millions of Unwed Mothers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit