Since the wt is discredited, what is the pillar and support of truth now?

by prologos 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

since the WT with its doctrines past and present is discredited, is there an entity that can be shown to be the latter- day "-----pillar and support of truth---" Paul was writing about at I Tim 3:15.? have the believers or non-theists or exjws an equivalent at all ? Because humans like to huddle around the fire for the radiant heat. The hot air of debate is just carried away by convection, carrying the sparks with it.

• Listener
    Listener

If you look you can see this pillar of strength in many people. Their love of God and Jesus shines from their heart.

• Satanus
    Satanus

All that is necesary is, remove all the false shit and see what is left. The question is, how far are you personally willing to go.

S

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

You have a Bible, can you meet with others who share your love of Jesus Christ and Jehovah God locally?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

You have a Bible, can you meet with others who share your love of Jesus Christ and Jehovah God locally?

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

I forget where I read this. It was in a book about Jehovah's Witnesses I am sure. The statement was made in the book that in the writers opinion "it was only by God's intervention", that a JW could escape from the control over them emotionally, theologically. That is anyway for true believers...The knowledge base allowed by the organization is almost airtight along with the rationalizations, so the message remains coherant as long as you keep drinking the coolaid. I don't know if this was the case in my life for sure? I will say this once you get away from it, the truth about the organization becomes more apparent. This only happens though if you study and research and push yourself to have an open mind. For some who leave there may be only lonliness, a feeling of being lost from a salvation standpoint, but this is due to error in what we were taught and the way we were taught. You are looking for a "pillar of truth" when in reality you are the only pillar of truth that matters. Your mind must accept realities and act or relate what you know to be accurate or true. Keep learning and judging for yourself what is reasonable or rational. If things are unknowable then accept that as fact at least for the present but don't accept it because it keeps the status quo or friendships, or because it is comfortable.

Cognitive dissonance

http://psychology.about.com/od/cognitivepsychology/f/dissonance.htm

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

SCIENCE!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt taught us that we needed to take a stand on everything. If we didn't know what our stand on something was, we needed only to ask, and we would be told what it was, what we were to think on any given matter, political, scientific or moral;) Since that is mostly discredited, why not discredit also the idea that we need to take a stand on every issue? Why not suspend judgement on some things, not taking a pro or con side?

S

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Everything is just as it always was, since the Watchtower was never the source of truth even before you realised it was discredited.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit