does lars really think he christ? or does he want attention?

by unstopableravens 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

He strikes me as genuinely believing he is Jesus reincarnated.

As has been noted above, it's not that unusual a delusion for the mentally ill. There's probably several thousand Jesus Christ's floating around, in and out of hospitals.

I've always thought it would be perversely entertaining to get a couple dozen of them gathered together in the same room. Who'd win?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Never underestimate the power of a delusion. My guess is that your hypothetical crowd of Jesus's would form a committee.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

but you would think the jesus's would put the hospitals out of business not keep them in business !lol

• jgnat
    jgnat

If only the staff would listen.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am taking the opposite view - I think it is all an elaborate spoof (for attention) at our expense.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lol they can heal everyone but themselves lol

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Lars is Christ?! In that case I'm mother-loving Cthulhu!

Fhtagn, Bitches!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mr woods it crazy ,cause it sounds like he believes what hes saying, but yet it make no sense at all.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

im still 50/50 on if he believes he christ .i guess only he really knows

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

As has already been brought out, the belief that one is Jesus or God is a very common sign of mental illness. It's FAR from unique. There have been MANY popular people throughout history that have claimed to be Jesus reincarnate.

John Nichols Thom was a Cornish tax rebel that claimed to be the reincarnation of Jesus. He was killed by British soliders at the Battle of Bossenden Wood in 1838.

Arnold Potter was a Schismatic Latter Day Saint leader who claimed that the spirit of Jesus entered his body and he became "Potter Christ", son of the living God. He died in an attempt to ascend into heaven by jumping off a cliff in 1872.

Bahaullah, the founder of the Bahai faith, believed that he was the fulfillment of the prophecies of the second coming of Jesus.

William Davies was a leader of a Latter Day Saint group called the Kingdom of Heaven from 1867 to 1881. He taught that he was the archangel Michael, who had previously lived as Adam, Abraham, and David. When his son was born, Davies declared that the infant was teh reincarnated Jesus. When Davies second sone was born in 1869, he was declared to be God the Father.

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad claimed to be the Mahdi, as well as the promised Messiah, Jesus. He's the only person in Islamic history who claimed to be both.

Haile Selassie did not claim to be Jesus, but the Rastafari movement believes that he is the second coming of Christ.

George Ernest Roux was the founder of the Universal Christian Church (now named the Universal Alliance) and claimed to be Jesus, and then God. He presented himself as a persecuted prophet to carry out the law of love unfulfilled by God's representatives...including Jesus.

Ernest Norman was an American engineer who founded the Unarius Academy of Science. He claimed that he was Jesus in a past life. He also claimed to be the reincarnation of Confucius, Mona Lisa, Benjamin Franklin, Socrates, Queen Elizabeth I, and Tsar Peter I the Great.

Krishna Venta stated that he was the Christ, the new messiah, and claimed to have led a convoy of rocket ships to Earth from the now extinct planet of Neophrates. He died in 1958 after being suicide bombed by two disgruntled former followers who accused Venta of mishandling cult funds and having had sex with their wives.

Ahn Sahng-Hong believed himself to also be the second coming of Jesus. His wife is believed to be "God the Mother" and they believe that the Bible refers to her as the New Jerusalem Mother and that Ahn Sahng-Hong is God the Father.

We all know of Sun Myung Moon. He claimed to be fulfilling the unfinished missions of Jesus. The unification church believes that Moon and his wife are the True Parents of humankind and the restored Adam and Eve.

Jim Jones claimed to be the reincarnated Jesus.

Marshall Applewhite, of the heavens gate cult, posted a famous message that declared: "I, Jesus - Son of God - acknowledge on this date of September 25/26 1995:"

Laszlo Toth claimed to be Jesus Christ as he vandalized Michelangelo's Pieta with a geologists hammer in 1972.

Wayne Bent claims: "I am the embodiement of God. I am divinity and humanity combined." He was convicted on December 15, 2008 of one count of criminal sexual contact of a minor and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Ariffin Mohammed, also known as "Ayah Pin" claimed to have direct contact with the heavens and is believed by his followers to be the incarnation of Jesus, as well as Shiva, Buddha, and Mohammad.

Mitsua Matayoshi established the World Economic Community Party based on his conviction that he is God and Christ, renaming himself Lesu Matayoshi. According to his program, he will do the Last Judgment as Christ, but within the current political system.

Jose' Luis de Jesus Miranda is a Puerto Rican founder who claims that the resurrected Christ "integrated himself within me".

David Koresh never directly proclaimed to be Jesus himself, but said that he was the final prophet and the "Sone of God, the Lamb" in 1983.

David Shayler was a former MI5 agent who, in the summer of 2007, proclaimed himself to be the Messiah. He has released several videos on Youtube claiming to be Jesus.

In November 20011 Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez fired nine shots at the White House believing himself to be Jesus Christ who was sent to kill Barack Obama, whom he believed to be Anti-Christ.

And now for one of our very own: Alan John Miller. He's a former JW elder and now the leader of the Divine Truth movement. Miller claims to be Jesus Christ after reincarnating in the 20th century with others to spread messages that he calls the "Divine Truth". He delivers these messages in seminars and various forms of media, along with his current partner Mary Suzanne Luck, who identifies herself as the returned Mary Magdalene.

Lars is one of a long line of nuts that believe they are deity. He, however, will never have a following. A few reasons, he is not charasmatic enough. His lifestyle choices are VERY bizarre. His worship in the context of homosexual sex will turn most off. And his arguments are far from compelling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit