Burger King and Going Out in Service

by teenyuck 12 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL, good one KJV.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • TR
    TR

No no NO! It was Subway's foot long.

TR

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi Puffs,

I am sorry you and your mother have a strained relationship.

My mother often shares her service and bible study stories with me even though I have been DFed for 14 years. She almost always fondly recalls the days she and I spent together alone in service when I was a pioneer and needed to get my hours in. I also treasure those memories.

The world can be a horribly lonely place. I don't know the whole history of you and your mom but it sounds to me like she was lonely and just wanted to connect with you. Maybe the trip to the Burger King was the highlight of her day. Sad as that may seem, it might have been.

I can remember some wonderfully silly and heartwarming times I shared while on breaks from witnessing.

Try not to let your anger at Watchtower doctrine come between a shared moment with your mother. Its tough to do for me as well, but I am always happier when I hang up the phone after letting my mother share than when I try to argue with her about it.

Just a thought. Not fussing at you or anything.

Take care

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit