Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-25-2012 WT Study (CONGREGATE)

by blondie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

All filler, no killer.

More WBT$ bullsh1t attempting to use history as a parallel to make them feel important.

Those sods in the WBT$ are all take, take, take and they use guilt fear and phobia to do it.

When WILL the governments wise up and send the GB to the electric chair for crimes against humanity?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DOC is there a forumula of how long before the next "re-run" article from twelve to eigthteenmonths is ready to be updated with a few scares, "End Times" "Field Service" add Iron Lung Illustration" importance of Assembly in Nigeria "Bus Accident", the man who walked with one leg "Three hundred Miles in the Gobi Desert to get to a meeting

Exactly, they don't need a Writing Committee any more -- it's just Cut & Paste; Cut & Paste

Doc

• blondie
    blondie

Good catch about changing from assembly to convention re district ones. There was nothing about changing in the articles, it just did. Like changing from congregation servant, circuit servant, district servant to congregation overseer, circuit overseer, district overseer in the early 1970's. I always wondered since they don't call the Israelite ones conventions.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Blondie’s opening comment: ‘No conventions for Christians in the NT so the WTS must reach back in history.’

WT often claims how JW’s form of worship is patterned after 1 st century Christians. Horse pucky, not so in connection with assemblies and conventions!

I Looked up ‘Assembly’ and ‘Convention’ in the Comprehensive Concordance only to find out the Jesus Christ made zero mention of such gatherings in his time. The rest of the Christian Greek writers likewise made no such mention of them.

These modern day JW assemblies and conventions are just another invention, concoction of WT leaders.

The article should have been entitled: “Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses Congregate Their Joyful People”

• eby
    eby

Paragraph 7:

“In 1942, in themidst of World War II, Nathan H. Knorrdelivered the thrilling discourse “Peace—Can It Last?” In it, he identified the“scarlet-colored wild beast” of Revelation 17”

This was actually a correction of a previously held view. It had been taught that the beast was the Hague World Court which went into the abyss when World War I began and came out as the League of Nations. Knorr now identified it as the League of Nations that went into the abyss when World War II began and came out as the United Nations.

Light book 2 published in 1930

Page 86:

“This ‘scarlet coloured beast’ first came into view in 1899 under the name of ‘The Hague International Peace Conference’ “

Page 94:

“It came into existence in 1899 and functioned until the World War. It then went into the abyss and ceased to function. After the World War it came out of the abyss or pit and began to function again in the form of the League of Nations.”

eby

• ziddina
    ziddina

Interesting, eby...

When I was being intimidated into the religion - the 1950s into the 1970s - I cannot recall ANY mention of the "Hague International Peace Conference"...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Paragraph 14....

"For faithful Israelites, the high point and focus of such trips was the spiritual aspect-their eagerly worshipping Jehovah alongside thousands of appreciative celebrants. What would be the effect on those who attended? An answer can be found in Jehovah's directions to his people regarding the Festival of Booths: "You must rejoice during your festival, you and your son and your daughter and your man slave and your slave girl and the Levite and the alien resident and the fatherless boy and the widow, who are inside your gates. Seven days you will celebrate the festival to Jehovah your God in the place that Jehovah will choose, because Jehovah your God will bless you in all your produce and in every deed of your hand, and you must become nothing but joyful."-Deut. 16:14, 15; read Matthew 5:3.

Interesting that "Jehovah" had to COMMAND people to 'celebrate'. You'll notice that the "Festival of Booths" required EVERYONE to attend - which, as Blondie mentioned earlier, would have left their homes and farms totally unprotected.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here this "Christian(??)" religion goes again, trying to model itself after Jewish religions. Whatever ancient Jews were supposed to have done, the Washtowel is trying to emulate. Here, they discuss the a$$emblies. They also emulate the Mosaic Jews with codes for just about everything, and individual "brothers(??)" are not stopped from implying that these codes are necessary for obedience training. For instance, they might insist that you use a particular brand and type of laundry soap or take your suits (a specified color) to a specific dry cleaner at specific intervals. Where are such codes in Christi-SCAM-ity, which this religion claims to be?

And which Grand Boasting Sessions were memorable for me? None, aside the one that my biggest judgment error of my life happened at. They were all the same crap, and anything that could have happened to stand out was snuffed out. Just meeting men? Are they SURE that they are against homosexuality? If so, then why are they trying to cut off any way around it for me? Result: Nothing good--the best ones are the ones I miss. And no, I do not give a fxxx that some ancient Jews had these festivals. Not only am I not Jewish, I am not among the ancients. For that reason, none of that rubbish applies to me.

Food at the proper time? I do believe Satan is doing a much better job at that than Jehovah. At least with Satan, I get to find out how the soul works (or is supposed to work), no stupid rules, and I am not wasting my time worrying about some outdated, outmoded codes that were originally for a limited segment of people of which I do not belong.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

WTWizard: I would like to know why they are trying to fill the "Blood of the New Covenant" into the the Jewish Religion, the "Old Wine-Skins" (Mark 2:22) (Luke 5:37) Jesus said would explode if the "New Wine was put this old skin vessels." 1 John 5:4 "Who is it that conqueors the World, he that confesses Jesus Christ is the Son of God!"

What do the Governing Body do all day? I think they try to figure out the best way of removing Jesus Christ from his own Kingdom! Avoid using his name, don't emphasize what Jehovah did for Jesus (Phillipians 2:1-8), or (Matthe 28:18) "All authority on Heaven and Earth has been given to me (Jesus Christ)", not a group of men the Devil sent to spy on Christian freedom, binding them with loads and burdens they refuse to lift themselves! Read Romans 6:15-18:

15 Well then, since God's grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not! 16 Don't you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. 17 Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you. 18 Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit