Why does my mom shun my Son?

by trujw 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Just be glad that she isnt indoctrinating him. That is what ALWAYS happens when you leave your kids with a witless.

I have said sooo often:

NEVER NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR CHILD ALONE WITH A JDUB.

HB

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You are preaching to the choir. The lack of love among the Witnesses was what moved my gut to reject them before I had any knowledge of doctrines. School had love. The library school had love. When I visited classmates' homes, love was present. I never felt it at the KH. Only a bunch of rigid rules that caused me much harm. Children have a right to be love unconditionally, not converted. Sadly, it may be the best of a bad situation now.

I Ain't Goin' Work on Maggie's Farm No More!

• dinah
    dinah

This made me laugh.

I AINT GONNA WORK ON MAGGIES FARM NO MORE!
  • ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

BOTR: What his their goal?

You are preaching to the choir. The lack of love among the Witnesses was what moved my gut to reject them before I had any knowledge of doctrines. School had love. The library school had love. When I visited classmates' homes, love was present. I never felt it at the KH. Only a bunch of rigid rules that caused me much harm. Children have a right to be love unconditionally, not converted. Sadly, it may be the best of a bad situation now."

"Every house divided cannot stand" What is their goal by turning Witness families against families?

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

IMHO it is part and partial to every cult to close one's eyes to the difficult reality of a christian life.

The person you don't have a relationship with is a heck of alot easier to try to "save" and rack up points for having done so than to have a genuine heart to heart relationship with some one who doesn't agree with you.

Generally people opt out of the difficult for the easy. To genuinely love is very hard. It means you have to have humility and admit that you and your ideas don't always take precedence. It means loving someone patiently without cutting them off just because they are imperfect. (Hello, we're all imperfect). All those things in I Corinthians 13 mean something to the christian ethos yet we as humans want to waffle and pretend it depends on the situation.

It takes courage to do this. The WTBS feeds on fear so it cultivates fear. I'm sorry for your mother. She has bought into the fear and deprived herself of joy.

Pity her for the cramped life she lives and know that she has bound herself to fear and not to love.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

That is your Mom's loss, trujw. I am sure you love her, and I know that it hurts for her to treat your precious child this way, but perhaps one day you can point out to her how hypocritical she is being, by knocking on doors where no one is home for hours on end, and yet here in her own family she has the perfect oppotunity with your wife and child to witness at least through her actions, i.e., being a loving Grandma & mother-in-law. And of course others who know she is a witness and how she behaves toward her never was jw family! That gives a very bad witness!

On the other hand, as others have said, the bright side is that you don't have to contend with her trying to indoctrinate your child or wife. I guess the saying be careful what you wish for might apply here. You son is very fortunate to have a Daddy like you, who cares so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit