Go ahead, tell me how you really feel - Modern Christian Art

by jgnat 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've stumbled across a most creative artful photography, placing Jesus in contemporary scenarios.

http://www.thejourneysproject.com/c-294-fine-christian-art.aspx

For a mere $1,000 I too, could have Jesus working his Makeover in my bedroom. Ooh, la la.

I am having strong and mixed reactions to this work, and I welcome your input.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Jgnat..

Looks like someone wants to pimp Jesus..

For $1,000.00 a picture..

I`m agnostic with Christian friends..

My first reaction..

Repulsed..

After thinking about it for a while..

Repulsed..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• Mr. Falcon
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, Outlaw. I'm still enjoying the wilderness experience, by the way.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

It's crap.

zed

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning ((Jgnat!))..

Good I`m happy for you..

After you`ve lived like this for awhile,it`s hard to go back..

I went into the city yesterday..What a Mad House..

I was so happy to get back up into the mountains..LOL!!..

I`m in the middle of nowhere with everything I need..

We are Both pretty lucky..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

One thousand for the following? Sighh....

And that kid from Two and a HAlf Men is making $350,000/episode? That's why I'm not entirely judgemental of people that sell dope.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Outlaw, I've decided there are two kinds of people; those who can take it, and those who can't. Those who can't stand living without a single big box store, hemmed in by snow and bad roads, just won't cut it. Me, I live to greet the glorious mountains. Right now, there's a wonky range to the southeast that is backlit by the rising sun every morning.

When I go to the city, I expect to run in to someone I know around every corner. There are traffic lights. There is traffic.

Thank you for biting, TS. This one gives me a weird feeling all around. Is this the woman at the well....preparing for her fifth wedding day? Well, yes, I guess on modern terms, she would be allowed to wear white.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OOOOH! It's the wedding feast! D'oh.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is mediocre to me. Most contemporary Christian art I see is of poor quality. I would prefer it "campier."

I saw Warhol's Last Supper and some Jesus work by Dali recently.

I don't see why the visual arts and music can't be as good as during the Renaissance while still being Post-Modern. The art appears to reflect the worship.

Perhaps I am overreacting to my local Christian store - the epicentre of bourgeois mediocrity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit