"Kill the gays" bill in Uganda - sign the petition against this

by poppers 21 Replies latest social current

• poppers
    poppers

Thanks DubR and Heaven. When you sign it there is an option to share it on your Facebook page and Twitter account. Doing that will help spread the word. As of this moment: 186,383 people support this campaign. Help us get to 250,000.

• talesin
    talesin

already signed it ... tx for posting, poppers

• poppers
    poppers

Good for you, talesin - thank you.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Just emailed the link to one of my colleagues. She is part of our Diversity council.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Now at ... 188,823 people who have signed and growing.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thanks poppers . . .

I signed a few days ago . . .

There is also this one . . . which has almost 1 million signers . . .

http://www.avaaz.org/en/uganda_stop_gay_death_law/

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thanks Poppers!!! It is sad to know that in the year 2012, people can still be killed for loving another adult human being. I've seen and heard the horrors of 2 people being hanged together, tortured, or burned alive for expressing their love for each other.

My Partner and I had talked about going on vacation to visit a child that we sponsor in Zambia, but the situation is too dangerous in many parts of Africa for us to visit. It is unfortunate, because many straight people go there to visit their sponsored children without fear of attack, and we would have loved to visit and explore the country, but can't.

• sizemik
    sizemik

bttt . . . in case anyone missed it.

• poppers
    poppers

Another bump. Current signees: 194,943; that's more than 11,000 since this thread was started.

• trillaz
    trillaz

I bet Uganda gets lots of Chik-Fil-A franchises after this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit