"Kill the gays" bill in Uganda - sign the petition against this

by poppers 21 Replies latest social current

• poppers
  • poppers
    poppers

32 views in 30 minutes, and no comments? Please, do your part to help avert a tragedy - sign the petition to veto this bill.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I just signed it. I can't believe where it has gotten...

It started with what was viewed as a funny video clip that showed the ugandan anti gay propaganda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w&feature=fvwrel

And because it was ignored, it turned into this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKLfAqxva4

• poppers
    poppers

Thank you, Christ Alone.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Signed

• poppers
    poppers

Thank you, jamiebowers.

• DubR
    DubR

In memory of my gay brother and my vow to fight for Rights For All, I proudly signed the petition. If you use facebook plz copy paste message below!

Dear friend,

I just signed a petition to help stop Uganda's notorious "Kill the Gays" bill - which could legalize the death penalty for gay and lesbian people. President Museveni promised to veto it but he's under pressure from Uganda's parliament who desperately want to pass it. We can hold him to his promise by taking action right now.

We've done it before - by creating a global outcry of literally millions of people. I know we can stop it again, but only if you sign this petition and share it now.

The bill could move forward at any moment - will you join me and stand with Ugandans against this horrific law?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey poppers, thanks for posting this. I have signed it. Some of us are working right now so it may take us a while to respond.

• Heaven
    Heaven

So far.... 186,138 People support this campaign. Help us get to 250,000

Lots of people from all over the world are signing. Very cool.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is worth signing and supporting. My only negative thought goes back to the Malawi letter writing campaign by the JWs - could this kind of petition have a negative effect by making the Ugandans persecute gays even MORE?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit