I like her attitude

by Hortensia 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• dinah
    dinah

We spent the weekend with my Sis-in-Law and her family. We had a whole turkey to carve up so we could make turkey sandwiches for the Alabama/Auburn MASSACRE (Roll Tide).

My sis-in-law handed me a knife and a carving board. I broke out into my best Julia Child voice.

"You taaaaaake the chickeennnnnnn"

• eva luna
    eva luna

LOL Dinah

I always hear Julia say 'Put a little more sause on it'

Most likely from watching Saturday Night Live in the 70's

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Funny Video but not Impressed..

So UnProfessional..

Every bite should be an Explosion of Flavour..

A properly cooked Turkey Dinner should be Memorable..

Fuck It..

Doesn`t cut It..

In the Culinary Arts World..

It`s still a funny Video..

....................... mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I always thought the most important thing was the gravy anyway.

• Listener
    Listener

Make sure to check that the oven is on - lol.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, outlaw, the truth is it's turkey. No matter what you do to it, it's going to taste like turkey.

Whack the turkey into pieces, put the wings, thighs, legs, breast into a large pot. Add some fresh or dried tangerine peel, several cloves of peeled and smashed garlic, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 star anise, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup vinegar and and a slivered shallot or two. Add enough broth to half cover the turkey pieces. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover the pot and let the turkey cook. Now and then turn the turkey pieces and mix up the broth. The white meat will get done first. Take pieces out as they are done, breasts will be done first.

Then strain the broth and cook cubed rutabaga in it until tender. Serve with steamed rice. Damned good. Still tastes like turkey, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit