Help add to the list of things that convinced you Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs are flawed, that Governing Body are hypercritical, and deceiving >>>

by Butterflyleia85 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Sources to your claim will help with proof...

Thanks

These are a few I looked up and is just a rough note taking list so I didn't edit it and it's just done by basic looking through alot of articles and posts I've see:

• Malawi-Mexico contradiction... when a lot of the Jehovah's Witnesses were tortured and killed because the Governing Body forbade them to buy a card whereas the Mexicans were allowed too.
    • The REAL reason for the "Donation Arrangement"... property the WTS owns in Brooklyn heights alone would generate almost $10,000,000 (yes, TEN MILLION) in tax money each year for the city of New York-- that is IF they had to pay taxes on it. Makes you wonder what their total worth is, and what their holdings overseas brings the grand total to.

The WTS filed as a "friend of the court" in support of Swaggart's claim for religious tax-exemption. As I recall, it was only a matter of a couple weeks after the ruling against Swaggart that the WTS suddenly had this "new light" about the donation arrangement. http://www.oyez.org/cases/1980-1989/1989/1989_88_1374/

http://www.watchthetower.net/jimmy.html

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/84a.htm

• Bruce Baker, served on the Watchtower Convention Committee, which oversees the functions of the Watchtower Convention at the Tacoma Dome, was excommunicated for raising concerns about the organization's financial practices and several of its beliefs, Baker says that Jehovah's Witnesses are frequently told that to not pay the parking "contribution" would be a sin. But contract with the Dome specifically states that the Watchtower Society cannot charge for parking. With over 10,000 attendees three-day convention they collected over $120,000 for the parking "donations". http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

• 1991 they join the United Nations... "The principle purpose of association of non-governmental organizations with the United Nations Department of Public Information is the redissemination of information in order to increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nation and its Agencies." The United Nation is concerned about human rights, including the right to choose your religion. They have come to the defense of the Jehovah's Witnesses when facing persecution in several lands. I can see how being a recognized NGO would help the Jehovah's Witnesses to gain credibility and voice in lands that previously had banned them.

And yet joining YMCA was to be looked at as wrong. http://watchtowerunitednations.blogspot.com/2005/08/ultimate-hypocrisy-apostasy_08.html

• The acceptance of Blood Fractions after many died in belief it was wrong before.
    • The way they handle the Child abuse and molestations cases by letting the law be involved secondary. Letting pedophiles near children and not warning others thoroughly. The victims being Disfellowshipped.
    • The Governing Body was not chosen by God like Moses was.
    • Jesus' coming didn't happen in 1874 OR he didn't become king in 1914 and I believe it still hasn't happened. They believe 1914 is when the "appointed times" end when Jesus returns in power and glory. Brown's connecting Daniel 4 with Luke 21 is his own speculation. This connection is not specified in the Bible. Therefore the Kingdom didn't take effect on earth. If you are going to read the Bible read Revelation- the 11th chapter in particular. It makes mention that the kingdom of the world is given to Christ and Christ subsequently brings to ruin those who are ruining the earth. Obviously that has not happened yet. Also, read the 25th chapter of Matthew. It states: 'When the Son of man arrives with all his angels and sits down on his glorious throne...' And it goes on to mention that all the nations are made to stand before the throne. Obviously that hasn't taken place either.
    • Selling Jehovah's Witness building to another churches. But not allowed to work in repairing a church when called as part of a job.
    • Jehovah's Witness Policy conflict: "If the judge sentenced a JW to Community service they could accept! But, if the Selective Service made the legal provision of the hospital work, you refused. DOING GOOD was more important than a strict observance of the Law of Moses on the Sabbath!! A Pharisee would likely want to stone such a man to death for the infraction with no exceptions or exemptions being considered! So too, the Watchtower leaders clearly were NOT of the same mind as Jesus.http://www.freeminds.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3135:secret-hypocrisy-of-governing-body-leadership&catid=27:rutherford&Itemid=342
    • Charles Taze Russell being a Freemason and Pyramid Memorial on his grave... http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Jehovah%20Witnesses/jw.htm

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/8093/1/The-Watchtower-and-the-Masons

Coffee_black - "That symbol [on the 'The Finished Ministry' A Helping Hand for Bible Students] is the Egyptian Sun God RA, who is associated with Horus. No one has ever even tried to explain to me what this symbol was doing on the front cover of jw literature at the time they were supposedly "chosen" by Christ to represent God on earth. "

Lovelylil - "Russell borrowed language and artwork from the Adventists, Freemasons, Egyptians, John Taylor (the pyramids), among others to create his eclectic concoction of religion"

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

you mention fractions one for me has still to do with blood. if a jdub needs a blood fraction they can get one which only comes from stored blood ,so if a jw gets into a car accident they can call there neighbor and he can denote his blood,so you can get a fraction. the next month ur same neighbor gets into an accident you cant donate ur blood so he can get a fraction. i wrote the wt on this and they gave me such a crappy answer.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Ask any "publisher of the good news" to explain the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and/or Psalms.

The "good news" clearly is not in their hearts, nor on their lips.

Nothing was more important to the prophets and apostles - most notably Paul (more than half the Bible's references to "good news" are by Paul).

They did not obsess over peripheral doctrine such as hellfire, trinity and immortality of the soul.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I don't discard all their teachings, but sadly they have stagnated in their increasing knowledge of the truth. And that's not strange either, because the wt-organization expells everyone who does his own personal bible study if he finds that a wt- teaching is wrong and tells about it in the congregation. Elders do even not defend their beliefs if you can show them from the bible that they are wrong. They just order you not to talk about it or disfellowship you.

So how they treat sincere brothers and sisters who have bible based different understanding of the sciptures is totally wrong and very similar to other religions and to the pharisees and scribes in the days of Jesus.

I grow up in a jw family and was baptized, and because of being injustly treated for about 20 years in different occasions, I started to realize more and more that not every thing is ok. Gradually I experienced that ministerial servants, then elders, then CO, and then finally the governing body are not that good as they pretend to be.

The first teaching that I doubted about was when the anointed would be ressurected to heaven. They teach that it happened in about year 1918. But according to the Bible the anointed will be ressurected and there after the remaining anointed will be changed from being humans to become spirit creatures. That is very clearly stated in the Bible. So if the dead anointed would have ressurected in 1918, then the living anointed should have been cought to heaven. But that has not happen until now. In addition wt does not either believe until now that the last anointed will be changed from human body to spirit body.

So, that made me think. If wt-org is so blind to such clear bible verses, then how is it with the rest of their knowledge? Even the name Jehovah's wittnesses is not the most appropriate for Jesus' dicsiples. The first christians did not call themselves Jehovah's witnesses. Instead Jesus wanted his disciples to be his witnesses. So, it would been better to be called Jesus' witnesses. But that is not either necessary. It is enough to be called christian and belonging to the Way, as did the first centry disciples of Jesus.

I counted that about 30-40 teachings and practices of the jw-org are not right, according to my personal bible research. But sadly all other churches are the same or worse.

So, if you want to know the truth, study the bible yourself, with the guidance of the holy spirit and you will be lead into all the truth. And even more important is that you live according to God's commands.

• Terry
    Terry

The Watchtower religion is self-termed as The Truth, yet, important teachings must be changed. If something is True why change it?

The Watchtower is self-termed as the "mouthpiece" of god. Corrections of errors should be unnecessary if that were really true.

"Adjustments" in god's truth? How much distortion is corrupting this channel of communication?

If the Boreans were "noble-minded" because they daily applied skepticism in their testing even the teachings of apostles. Why are JW challenged

in this same attitude never to question Governing Body teaching?

Jesus argued with the leaders of his own religion--even resorting to name-calling when they were wrong. Are JW's not to imitate Jesus?

My own personal dealings with the secret teachings of Society leaders during the Viet Nam war finally convinced me I had been co-erced into my so-called "conscientious" objection by refusing to work in a hospital in lieu of military service.

No love was demonstrated to me during my imprisonment, 1967-1969. My best JW friend only visited twice. No Kingdom Hall letter or card was ever mailed to me and when I got out on parole the congregation did nothing to welcome me back. I was never asked one question about my experience or about the brothers still inside.

Jesus argued with the leaders of his own religion--even resorting to name-calling when they were wrong.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

The WTS say that the elders are appointed by Holy Spirit, yet there is proof that certain elders were pedophiles WHEN they were appointed. Did the HS appoint them? I don't think so.

Another thing that bothers me is the constant self aggrandisement that the GB prints in almost every WT.

Faithful and Discreet? That is a joke.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Dates, dates and dates.......the whole foundation is based on a 607-1914, end time eschatology foundation. Based on these dates, they are selected, authorized, and begin the separation work of an earthly theocracy from NY..

When these dates are exposed as error, their author kicked out of the FDS (Russell), and ALL the subsequent expectations also failed, this should tax the credulity of even the most dedicated of JWs.

Shalom

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58
    • Jesus' coming didn't happen in 1874 OR he didn't become king in 1914 and I believe it still hasn't happened. They believe 1914 is when the "appointed times" end when Jesus returns in power and glory. Brown's connecting Daniel 4 with Luke 21 is his own speculation. This connection is not specified in the Bible. Therefore the Kingdom didn't take effect on earth. If you are going to read the Bible read Revelation- the 11th chapter in particular. It makes mention that the kingdom of the world is given to Christ and Christ subsequently brings to ruin those who are ruining the earth. Obviously that has not happened yet. Also, read the 25th chapter of Matthew. It states: 'When the Son of man arrives with all his angels and sits down on his glorious throne...' And it goes on to mention that all the nations are made to stand before the throne. Obviously that hasn't taken place either.

The WTS had the concept right about the 2520 years "7 times" linking the fall of Jerusalem to the 2nd coming. Problem is, they have the wrong dating based on revised chronology from the Greco-Persian Period. They focussed on "539 BCE" as a "pivotal date" to establish ancient timeline dates, those they adjust for every other event (i.e. fall of Jerusalem in 607 BCE vs 587 BCE, or the 20th of Artaxerxes in 455 BCE vs 445 BCE, etc.). Now we can use the Peloponnesian War eclipse to correct the distorted Greek timeline and when we do, we get 455 BCE for the 1st of Cyrus. (see below)* That means year 23 of Nebuchadnezzar II 70 years earlier falls in 525 BCE and the fall of Jerusalem 4 years earlier in year 19 in 529 BCE. Using this correct date for the fall of Jerusalem, the 2nd coming should have occurred in 1992.

2520 - 607 = 1913 + 1 = 1914

2520 - 529 = 1991 + 1 = 1992

So the true Biblical date for the 2nd coming is 1992. 1914 is still a good date to begin the "last generation" of 80 years from 1914-1994 since that last generation is marked by a world war (i.e. nations vs nation, kingdom vs. kingdom). Of course, 1992 does occur prior to that generation ending in 1994. So that came true.

Also, the 2nd coming did take place on December 25, 1992. I personally witnessed that event along with the elect involved "two witnesses" with effecting the 2nd coming.

So just for the record, 529 BCE is the true date for the fall of Jerusalem. Do your research and find out why this is the correct date. If so, then 1992 has to date the 2nd coming. At this point we have to ask did the Christ return in 1992 or not and I can confirm, he did! So the Bible is true, period.

Now I've given you this advanced information. If for some reason at this point you don't think the 2nd coming occurred, then it is clear you have not understood the details of what to expect at the second coming. Christ uses the body of the 'prodigal son" to manifest in the flesh at the second coming. Period. If this is not your understanding, you might think he didn't arrive, but that is only because you are looking for the wrong thing.

*PPW Eclipse corrects Greek Period revisions. It just so happens the revisionists of the Greek Period left clues from the original timeline. Keeping it short, the PPW eclipse has to be total and near Athens, close enough to create darkness but not the disappearance of the crescent that disappears shortly after darkness occurs for a total eclipse. This is a very specific detail that can match a solar eclipse in relation to Athens. That eclipse does occur in early 402 BCE which means the PPW began that previous Summer in 403 BCE. A 30-year peace ends in year 10 and thus in 394 BCE. This was the original 30-year peace enacted the year of Xerxes' invasion. That means Xerxes' invaded in 424 BCE. Herodotus says that a solar eclipse occurred "in the early Spring" that year, which is confirmed to have occurred on March 21, 424 BCE. No such eclipse occurs in the revised date of 480 BCE. The PPW occurs 10 years earlier in 434 BCE, which is also the year Darius I dies! That means, per the Bible, the temple was completed the following year in Adar and thus 433 BCE after 22 years of work beginning the 1st of Cyrus. Add 22 years to 433 BCE and we get the original date for the 1st of Cyrus, which is 455 BCE. End of story. This points to 1992 as the date of the 2nd coming. Did Christ arrive as a "thief in the night" in 1992? Apparently so. The Bible describes the body of Christ at the 2nd coming as that of an "Ethiopian eunuch" (i.e. gay black man). I witnessed the 2nd coming personally and I'm a gay black man. So what was prophesied in the Bible about WHEN and in what nature the Christ returned has come true! It's just that simple. The Bible is true and God is real. Sorry to disappoint those needing to believe there is no God and that the Bible is not a true book of inspiration. Of course, the WTS who has proven to be a false prophet miss out on being part of the 2nd coming wonderment.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the second coming is after the great trib matthew 24:29-31

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

I don't know why those criticizing the WTS don't use the Bible to dismiss some of their hypocricies. For instance, eating blood. The Bible clearly says that if you are at the home of an unbeliever to eat whatever is served you not asking anything about it for your conscience's sake. That basically means you don't worry about blood! Also if you are at the meatmarket buying meat, presumably for yourself and alone, you are also not to ask about it. Meaning what? Meaning when you are alone or with an unbeliever, there is no blood restriction! Thus only when you are with unbelievers back then did you "abstain from blood" for the sake of the weak conscience of believers, many of whom, of course, were Jews who were emotionally connected to these previous restrictions.

So why not, in challenging the WTS and individual witnesses on the blood issue are these scriptural points not emphasized? That way, you don't have to discuss pros and cons about whether blood transfusions are "eating blood" or not. That's because Christians are not under any kind of "food" restriction. The Bible says NOTHING you take into your body defile you. That means tobacco and blood restrictions are simply not part of true Christian practice. This scriptural reference needs to be in the forefront of the challenge made to the WTS on the blood issue! They have misinterpreted and misapplied these restrictions, its just that simple.

Lack of critical Biblical understanding exists within the WTS, but continues among those who leave. There is no blood restriction or food restriction for Christians! Thus the no-blood, no-tobacco restrictions are incorrect and inappropriate by the WTS and actually represent part of the "lawlessness" of the "man of lawlessness" which is what the Bible calls the GB of JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit