RBC biggie divulges WTS expects disaster victims helped by RBC volunteers to fork over insurance money to the WTS

by oppostate 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

My wife spent all morning long preparing this super Thanksgiving banquet

with a huge turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce

and greenbeen salad, pie and icecream.

Yummy!

Well, we can call it NOT a Thanksgiving dinner because we had it today, Saturday,

and every good jW Yankee knows Thanksgiving Day is on Thursday so if you had

the same meal but on a different day then you can theocratically call it a get-together.

Anyway, we just had this get-together and had long discussions with two couples

who are heavily involved in an RBC in New England. Among their many accounts

of volunteers giving their time and helping people rebuild, they divulged that the

Society expects disaster victims who are helped by an RBC to turn over all the

money they receive from insurance companies because the RBC helped them.

So volunteers give of their time and effort, paying their own way, and helping

rebuild damaged properties, then the Society gets the money from insurance.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just ROn went to Nashville a couple of years ago after they had major flooding. The RBC was coordinating volunteers to rebuild houses. Some of the houses he worked on, the owners had no insurance and were very low income. I don't know who paid for those materials. Locally, some dubs who had storm damage discovered that it was more expensive and more trouble to let the RBC do the repairs than to just hire a contractor.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yeah, known that for a while. Sleazy, eh?

• suavojr
    suavojr

com'on this can't be true???!!!!!!! Does anyone have access to some RBC letter that we can use to expose this?

• bobld
    bobld

Does it matter,as long as I get my house repaired and it doesn't cost me a cent.

• blondie
    blondie

This was a policy before we left 11 years ago. Heard from one of the workers who went down to help rebuild. Not quite like the Baptist church that come up during the floods in this area and rebuilt homes of non-Baptists (no Baptists in town). Now would jws do that, no!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

How about giving it to the brothers and sisters who made the effort to help? No, that would be the Christian thing to do.

• suavojr
    suavojr

bobld you don't get the point???? They teach us and make us believe they do all this work FOR FREE AND OUT OF LOVE!!! They publish it in the magazines and use it as a sign that the WT is fulfilling John 13:31-35.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Correct. This was SOP as back as hurricane andrew (usa). I helped in that " relief work" and had a share in explainingto the dear friends why it was a provledge that they donate the insurance money "to help rebuild others homes". Except its free freakin labor and DONATED materials! Disaters are big buissness for the wt society

• baltar447
    baltar447

How in the flying spaghetti monster can this fall under tax free?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit