A Mormon becomes a JW in the Feb 2013 Watchtower...

by cedars 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

Glancing through the Feb 2013 "public" Watchtower edition, an interesting article appears on page 8.

Here is the PDF download link...

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=PDF&issue=20130201&output=html&pub=wp&langwritten=E&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E

It's interesting how, in the story, the young man's JW aunt and uncle switch him from Mormonism to the JW faith using third-party material (the Nov 8, 1995 Awake! article), and he ends up becoming a JW after confirming on the official Mormon website that the claims in the Awake! article are "factual".

"There were many things about the Mormon faith that I had accepted, but I wasn’t really sure how the Scriptures compared with those ideas. My aunt sent me the November 8, 1995, issue of the Awake! magazine, published by Jehovah’s Witnesses, which included some articles on the Mormon faith. I was surprised that I wasn’t familiar with many of the Mormon teachings. That moved me to search through the official Mormon Web site to confirm that what was stated in Awake! was factual. It was, and those facts were further confirmed when I visited Mormon museums in Utah."

It goes without saying that this could never work the other way round. The Society would never allow anyone to read a third-party commentary on JW beliefs. And it's interesting that most web content that is critical of JW beliefs cites Watchtower publications as a reference, many of which are now available on the Society's official website. Still, checking Watchtower publications with a critical eye simply isn't the done thing.

It's one rule for the Watchtower, another rule for Mormons. "Accept what is written by us, but don't you dare try checking whether it is 'factual' or not. You can only do this for other faiths!"

Cedars

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Out of the freezer and into the frying pan.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

These kinds of articles are pointless, every weird religion has people who joined from some other weird religion. There are satanists and wiccans who used to be JW's.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I wonder how many Jdub's become mormons?

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Boy, from the one crazy, mind control group to another...

• cofty
    cofty

Frying pan ------------> Fire

• cofty
    cofty

double post

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

JW, Mormon - both are ridiculous mind control groups

• Scott77
    Scott77

I do not know what the Mormons are going to say about this if I they read this statement.

Scott77

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, perhaps the Mormon can teach the Witnesses how to build better central halls of worship (and how to sing better).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit