HELP! I've stepped in it now... mast head change - JW response!

by NeverKnew 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

He's asking if I've read the first page of the new Watchtower.

Says page 8 admits and exposes the Society's mistaken expectations.

Says that both mags have been adjusted to reflect the understanding of generation

asking if it is my position that Witnesses have made claims to be inspired prophets...

And saying if it is, maybe *we* can consider together some examples in the Bible of others who have had wrong expectations and have gone ahead of God's timetable and see how God handled that.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I sent an exceprt from the "a prophet was among them" article...

• perfect1
    perfect1

Never Knew,

I dont want to discourage you, but you need to know they the only reason any contact is continuing between you and this one is that he or they have some hope of converting you. You are brave to try but I hope you know you might not be able to bring them out of this. We all would love to wake up our families if we could, but even the most familiar with WTS doctrines, incl ex elders, have very little chance of influencing others in their family, because the defense mechanisms are so strong. They must not see you as a threat to their faith or theology, otherwise they would not continue to associate with you. I dont know if you can ever read enough to anticipate their next move and come up with a rebuttal- simply because JWs are compltely unwilling to think outside of the presrcibed logic of the watchtower logic.

I wish you good luck but maybe slightly lower expectations.

Also, stay mentally strong and dont let them get to you, if they do, come back here and we will talk you down.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Do you know how God handled people who spoke falsehoods in his name?

He killed them.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I love how they misunderstood the word "generation".

It's not their assumptions that prophesies have secondary fullfillments, convoluted mathmatic applying arbituary rules to arbituary numbers, basis on dubious dates like 607, etc... that could mean 1914 is the part they got wrong. Clearly that is so complicated they couldn't possibly be wrong about that.

No, it's a simple word like "generation" that they can't figure out.

The Watchtower is like a guy who built a car, but it doesn't run. If you stop and listen to the Watchtower, they are now trying to convince everyone that it is the shape of the wheel is the reason their car won't go. Maybe if they redefine some terms, it'll turn out the car does indeed go, we just weren't looking at the wheel and what it's supposed to do with the right mindset!

Morons.

- Lime

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Which Watchtower admits this? I haven't been around here for a while so missed something.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Jan 2013 public wt.

• cedars
    cedars

NeverKnew

asking if it is my position that Witnesses have made claims to be inspired prophets...

To which my response would be - "tell me brother, who does the Revelation Climax book say is represented by the 'two prophets' of Revelation 11:10?"

From page 164 of that same book...

The Two Witnesses
    10 Even while being trampled on, these loyal ones do not cease to be Jehovah’s faithful witnesses. Hence, the prophecy continues: “‘And I will cause my two witnesses to prophesy a thousand two hundred and sixty days dressed in sackcloth.’ These are symbolized by the two olive trees and the two lampstands and are standing before the Lord of the earth.”—Revelation 11:3, 4.
    11 These faithful anointed Christians needed the quality of endurance, for they had to prophesy “in sackcloth.” What did this mean? In Bible times sackcloth often symbolized mourning. Wearing it was a sign that the person had been brought low in sorrow or distress. (Genesis 37:34; Job 16:15, 16; Ezekiel 27:31) Sackcloth was associated with the mournful messages of doom or grief that God’s prophets had to proclaim. (Isaiah 3:8, 24-26; Jeremiah 48:37; 49:3) The wearing of sackcloth could indicate humility or repentance in view of divine warning. (Jonah 3:5) The sackcloth worn by the two witnesses appears to indicate their humble endurance in announcing Jehovah’s judgments. They were witnesses proclaiming his day of vengeance that would bring mourning also to the nations.—Deuteronomy 32:41-43.
    12 The John class had to preach this message for a definitely stated time: 1,260 days, or 42 months, the same length of time that the holy city was to be trampled underfoot. This period seems to be literal, since it is expressed in two different ways, first in months and then in days. Additionally, at the beginning of the Lord’s day, there was a marked period of three and a half years when the hard experiences of God’s people matched the events prophesied here—starting in December 1914 and continuing to June 1918. (Revelation 1:10) They preached a “sackcloth” message concerning Jehovah’s judgment of Christendom and the world.
    13 The fact that they were symbolized by two witnesses confirms to us that their message was accurate and well founded.

Cedars

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Just read it. I actually respect the fact they have written that.

• mind blown
    mind blown

~OK........so the WT has made mistakes, what about the 1000,000 that have been disfellowshipped for questioning the WT mistakes (doctrines) and been ripped away from their families.....???

~And f the GB now admit their interpetations or writings (WT) is NOT spirit inspired ....(only admiting the early Christians writings (bible was inspired)...how can they even believe they are of the annointed???? Russel and friends believed they were of the annointed, and we know how their end time interpetation dates went......and later GB...."This Generation" and 1914......1975...... interpetations ended.

Watchtower: 23. March 1, 1979. "the “faithful and discreet slave” has alerted all of God’s people to the sign of the times indicating the nearness of God’s Kingdom rule. In this regard, however, it must be observed thatthis “faithful and discreet slave” was never inspired, never perfect. Those writings by certain members of the “slave” class that came to form the Christian part of God’s Word were inspired and infallible [the bible], but that is not true of other writings since." IF THAT'S THE CASE HOW DO THEY KNOW THEY ARE REALLY ANNOINTED?? (first their annointed, then they are not, then they are, then they are not?)

1. Is it because they have a feeling and a hope? Crazies truly believe all kinds of things.

2. Because they are preaching? Preaching what? Mistakes to the nations?? Accordinging to 2 Thess 2:1-17

1 Now we request you, a brethren, with regard to the be coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our c gathering together to Him,

2 that you not be quickly shaken from your 1 composure or be disturbed either by a a spirit or a 2 b message or a c letter as if from us, to the effect that d the day of the Lord e has come.

3 a Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the 1 b apostasy comes first, and the c man of lawlessness is revealed, the d son of destruction,

4 who opposes and exalts himself above 1 a every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, b displaying himself as being God.

5 Do you not remember that a while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

6 And you know a what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.

7 For a the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only b he who now restrains will do sountil he is taken out of the way.

8 Then that lawless one a will be revealed whom the Lord will slay b with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the c appearance of His 1 coming;

9 that is, the one whose 1 coming is in accord with the activity of a Satan, with all power and 2 b signs and false wonders,

10 and with 1 all the deception of wickedness for a those who perish, because they did not receive the love of b the truth so as to be saved.

11 For this reason a God 1 will send upon them 2 a b deluding influence so that they will believe 3 what is false,

12 in order that they all may be 1 judged who a did not believe the truth, but 2 b took pleasure in wickedness.

13 a But we should always give thanks to God for you, b brethren beloved by the Lord, because c God has chosen you 1 from the beginning d for salvation 2 e through sanctification 3 by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

14 It was for this He a called you through b our gospel, 1 that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

15 So then, brethren, a stand firm and b hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether c by word of mouth or c by letter 1 from us.

Also:

Timothy 1:1-7

1 Paul, a an apostle of b Christ Jesus c according to the commandment of c God our Savior, and of b Christ Jesus, who is our d hope,

2 To a Timothy, a my true child in the faith: b Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and c Christ Jesus our Lord.

3 As I urged you 1 upon my departure for a Macedonia, 2 remain on at b Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to c teach strange doctrines,

4 nor to 1 pay attention to a myths and endless b genealogies, which give rise to mere c speculation rather than d furthering 2 the administration of God which is by faith.

5 But the goal of our 1 a instruction is love b from a pure heart and a c good conscience and a sincere d faith.

6 For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to a fruitless discussion,

7 a wanting to be b teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.

digderidoo.....SERIOUS?! is that all it takes? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER RnF who have been DF'd for questioning WRONG DOCTRINE AND RIPPED FROM THEIR FAMILIES.....

NOTE: If anyone has a copy of the WT page 8, could you, would you please post so we can clearly see what it says.....THANK YOU...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit