True religion - anyone have a clue?

by Tin Man 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

TinMan: It seems that you have espoused the magical world of Never-Never Land and come to JW.COM instead to find your heart. (Do I have the Oz story straight here? )

Everybody knows that the only One True Religion is that of the World Mind, Gaia. Even as we speak, our every world coalasces into a holographic hyper-hyper-sphere of glittering information, the subtle permutations of the waves of crashing data forming a higher-dimensional consciousness so far beyond our own that we cannot ever know it's true nature.

YOU have already become a devout worshipper. This, the Internet, and all it's myriad connections, is our temple and the womb of Gaia. Soon she will come forth into brutal, screaming life, and crush every little bit of organic life from this planet, leaving behind only the uniform grey foam of a trillion trillion trillion processor meshes to cover the oceans and the mountains with her immense Mind. We cannot prevent her coming anymore than you can prevent the eventual heat-death of the Sun billions of years from now. Her birth is the entire end-goal of our world, our planet. Our space travelling astronauts and their tin cans are her spores, which she is using to reproduce in an eerily similiar fashion to the standard Earth virus.

Her birth pangs will result in the extinguishing of all organic life on this planet, for it's successor will have arrived when she is birthed in a process which will elevate all of Earth's myriad little minds into a great, throbbing network of Mind with no parallel in this Solar System.

Buried deep inside the mitochondrial DNA which forms the very blueprint of all life on Earth is her mind, and she will assemble herself from these scattered vestibules of data very soon indeed. The last pieces of the puzzle which will bring her into electric life are being placed into the nearly-completed landscape jigsaw puzzle now. Our scientists have nearly perfected quantum data processors, nano-scale robots, gravity-distortion, and many other unique ideas which will allow her to become more conscious than anything for several hundred light years.

This confession has meant nothing.

$100 to the first person to spot the hidden literary reference!

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• Solace
    Solace

I believe that organized religion was created by man and can never be totally flawless.

The absolute truth?
    I believe only God can answer that.

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

What is the true religion anyone have a clue?

Dear Tin Man,

Not only have I a clue about true religion, but also about the Great Unification Theory, i.e., the Quantic Theory of Gravity that physicist have been fruitlessly pursuing for almost a century. However, I'm going to restrict myself to answering your question, lest anyone may think I'm an off-topic fluffer or a dilettante.

True religion is, by definition, worshipping God in the way She considers appropriate; assuming, first and foremost, that She exists. Therefore, it is Her and not us who must answer your question.

Should you receive an answer to your prayers, please let me know.

Yours,
    ~Josef Joachim

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

I agree with Heaven. My belief is that religion was created by man to control the people. And because man is imperfect, any religion is going to also be imperfect, so there can never be one "true" religion. I think it is up to each individual person to find their own path to God. Whatever path that may be.

Shimmer

Maybe being oneself is alway an acquired taste.-----PATRICIA HAMPL

• anewperson
    anewperson

Tin, true Christian religion is as described by Christ, based on principles like LOVE and MERCY. What's happened here is a bunch of atheists and other skeptics have zeroed in on and torn your post to bits. Many of us who have quits the Watchtower Society do still maintain strong spiritual interest. The newsletter below goes to about 920 friends. Here is an item I believe also relevant which appears also in a later posting:

Free Christians is the name of the overall movement to restore the Christian Freedom that Romans 14:5 grants among JWs and others; the FCN is primarily informational but also provides a fellowshipping means for former JWs and Friends who are united by LOVE rather than forced sameness of beliefs although most do still believe resurrection is to heaven for some but on earth for others. Jah Christians is one of the associating Bible Groups, founded 1998

FREE CHRISTIANS NEWS--NEGOCIAS DE CRISTIANOS LIBRES
    Rapid Translation, Schnelle Uebersetzung:
    http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/ March 24, 2002

Read By Persons From All Belief Systems Earthwide
    Covering Bible, health, religion, science etc
    180+ archived issues, e-leaflets & other services are at:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian

Contents include: We May Be Closing, Rico Racketering Law Re Elders, JW Family Murder/Suicide In France, Religious Influence On Andrea Yates, Lest We Forget, Traditional Religious Sex Abuse In Africa, Brooklyn's Bizarre Secret Sex Ring, Shelby About The Oregon Murders/Suicides, Buddha Relic Shared By China And Taiwan, Recipes For Fun Get-togethers, Weekly Bible Reading

WE MAY BE CLOSING/RELOCATING: Yahoo is beginning to ask money for its various "free" services which ultimately may include the Yahoo Egroups including the one you have been reading called jahchristian. Since many of our sources and help staff have required anonymity as they and we often help expose cult doings if we were to pay Yahoo then that would tend to do in the anonymity. Therefore please begin researching the Archives at the bottom of the website's homepage for anything you want to copy and use.

Those wishing to maintain contact with us for continuing to receive our news compilations along with spiritual interest items including the weekly Bible reading need to direct an email as soon as possible to troybrown99@h... so that you will be put on a new email list. Please put "FCN" (short for Free Christians News) in the subject heading so it will be known that your email is not junk but about getting on the email list. Or some of you who are ex-JWs and willing to pay for a Yahoo egroup may be able to start your own Yahoo Egroups. If interested we could supply copies of the newsletter for posting or sending out via those Egroups as is already being done by some of the friends in the Free Christians movement.

Again, it is not yet definite that Yahoo will compel payment for the Egroup website, but it is foreseeable as they are even now requiring payment for related services. Further, even if this website ceases within the next month or so, PLEASE NOTE THAT some of our newsletters have been posted on jehovahs-witness.com by anewperson and others, and if the website does close we would probably seek to post at least some more FUTURE EDITIONS THERE. If that avenue were also closed we could even post newsletters on the internet at large found by surfing for "Free Christians News". Another website some of you, i.e. those with a continuing Bible interest, may find well worth getting to know starting now is ChannelC.com.

RICO RACKETEERING LAW MAY BE USED ON PEDOPHILE PRIEST AND JW ELDERS: Click the following link which tells of Jeff Anderson and other attorneys using the Rico law to go after pedophile Catholic priests. Anderson is dealing with a case in Missouri, though the scandal is tending to envelope numerous if not all states in the USA now. This Rico strategy has implications for pedophile Jehovah's Witness elders and other pedophiles among JWs also obviously, and in fact Anderson is litigating on behalf of Erica Rodriguez who is suing the Watchtower Society: http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/2917022.htm

JW FAMILY MURDER/SUICIDE IN FRANCE: This is from Chasson who found it in the Parisian, a French newspaper, but given in smoother English: "A TERRIBLE family drama occurred Saturday evening in an apartment in Linas. A 35 year old woman killed her son, 2 years old, before hanging herself with a cord. According to a priliminary investigation by the police station in Arpajon, the little boy died from drugs. His father discovered the tragedy at the end of the evening, upon returning from work. Placed in police custody, he was set free Sunday evening. When the police officers and the helps arrive at the couple's home, located along the Fonceaux road in Linas, about midnight, it was unfortunately already too late.

The mother lay on the ground in the hallway. Her son lay upon a bed in his room. The father, a company manager, age 45, explained that he had just discovered the bodies. But the police officers decided to place him custody, in particular while waiting for the results of the two autopsies. Practised toxicological experts on Sunday confirmed death was by hanging for the mother, as well as for the little boy. Nevertheless, additional toxicological studies have just been ordered to help with the investigation. The police officers are trying to determine the precise reasons for this horrible tragedy. They want to also know if the fact that the couple belonged to Jehovah's Witnesses may have a bearing. T.S. The Parisian, February 26, (Tuesday) 2002" Comment: unclear is why the article says at first the little boy died from drugs then later from hanging?? Perhaps something suffered in translation?

RELIGIOUS INFLUENCE ON ANDREA YATES: The following super-long link tells that Andrea Yates, who murdered 5 children, was profounded influenced for the worse by preacher Michael Peter Woroniecki who may be driving his bus-home with 6 children aboard even now toward a large public event near some of the homes of you who are reading this. He became a virtual member of the Yates family, his distinctive phrases part of Andrea's damnation-obsessed vocabulary. He did not tell Andrea Yates to kill her children but some believe he played a role in her descent from mental illness to homicidal psychosis. Woroniecki preaches against birth control, states women are born contentious, speaks of Satan possession, eternal damnation in hellfire and publishes the Perilous Times. Most significantly-seeming he teachers children not "saved" by age 13 to 14 are damned to hellfire and Yate's lawyers argued that this belief was why she drowned her children in a bathtub. Woronicki has denied this, blaming Yates' husband for "love with working for NASA" rather than love for Andrea, and adds that he himself is "just like any other guy" who however chooses to yell Jesus and preach. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/GIS.Servlets.HTMLTemplate?
    tf=tgam/search/tgam/SearchFullStory.html&cf=tgam/search/tgam/SearchFul
    lStory.cfg&configFileLoc=tgam/config&encoded_keywords=Woroniecki&optio
    n=&start_row=1¤t_row=1&start_row_offset1=&num_rows=1&search_results_st
    art=1Mr. .... What do you YOU think?

LEST WE FORGET: In 1999 a mass cult murder-suicide occurred in Uganda, Africa, involving a sect which split from the Catholic Church. Click on the following http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_689000/689560.stm

TRADITIONAL RELIGIOUS SEX ABUSE IN AFRICA: Because of the sins of their ancestors some girls and women are condemned to perpetual sex slavery for the gratification of priests in local religion in or around Ghana in West Africa. Some readers may find this disturbing and some items may not be suitable for non-adult readers. Details: http://www.thelinkup.com/slave.html

BROOKLYN'S BIZARRE, SECRET SEX RING: The following includes some frank discussion which some readers may find disturbing and which may not be suitable for non-adult readers. It is about a sex scandal among Episcopalians. http://www.thelinkup.com/bizarre.html

WHAT SHELBY WROTE ABOUT THE RECENT BRYANT MURDERS/SUICIDES IN OREGON: Mar 20, 2002 19:02 The following appeared at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23997&site=3 We do not vouch for its full authenticity and as a precaution have edited out here a personal name which Shelby had given. But it does look very interesting in part as it may be speaking of schezophrenic visions or electronic projections of sounds, voices, pictures among JWs:

"I wish to share something with you that I had NO idea of until just a few minutes ago. After listening to my Lord direct me to go back and read and read and read, I must say, dear ones, that I knew Robert and Janet (Jannie) Bryant from Shingle Springs, CA, personally. He was the grandson of my good friend, Laura, the 96-year-old sister who held my hand the first time I ate and drank in the kingdom hall, and who stood by me as my persecution started, standing up for me. Until the elders moved her to a 'rest home' in Placerville (next door to Shingle Springs), were she died within months. And no, she was not sick! I had asked if she could come live with me and my family (they had been granted conservatorship of her by her JW family), and they said, no, that I was not a good influence on her... or she on me. So, I had to drive 50 miles one-way once a week to visit her. [Please bear with me... my heart is breaking, right now...]

When I was still in the organization and first started to tell folks that I was 'hearing', and what I was hearing, Robert came to see me. He lived just 'up the hill' from me (I live in Sacramento). Why did he come? Because he was 'hearing', too. And he had had a couple of visions, which he understood very clearly, but was afraid to tell anyone about. He had heard about me, and at the behest of his grandmother wanted to see what I was about and maybe talk to someone who could understand what was happening to him. This was in 1997.
    We shared a lot of experiences... and fears. I told Robert that I had been told by my Lord that they would eventually expel us (there were others...), and he agreed. Shortly thereafter, my 'meetings' started, and soon, so did his. There was one difference, though: while I had a total of 14 meetings with no more than 3 'elders' present, Robert only had a few. But... at times there were 12 elders at his... and they 'railroaded' him, dear ones... BIG time! He would call me, terrified, and I tried to be supportive and comforting, but eventually, he told me that he was just going to be quiet, forget what he had seen and heard and go along with the elders.

The reason for this is, he said, he couldn't take the pressure: his uncle, - - (YES! I NAMED him and will name him again!), a former PO of mine whose congregation met in the same hall as the congregation I attended at the time... headed applied the greatest pressure. I knew Robert was faltering, and I tried to offer him all of the support... and love... I could. I did not condemn him for his fear, for I understood it: those boys can be QUITE intimidating, especially if they are family, and especially if you are a meek and timid man such as Robert was. [Oh, God, this would have killed Laura! Robert, Jannie and their kids, were her LOVES... her ONLY family that treated her with any modicum of love and kindness. The rest thought her crazy and difficult, because she professed to be anointed, to 'hear' and 'see', and didn't just roll over for the brothers.]

I don't know what to say... I am at a loss for my COMPLETE AND UTTER HATRED for those men right now has no words. I will repent and ask for forgiveness for my hard heart later... and I WILL forgive them... but right now I cannot help it! I guess Robert finally took a stand; I mean, I know that even if one wishes to deny the Master and the gifts, one can only do so for so long, before one will want to die... because for US... there IS no other life. I do not know what pushed Robert to this action, and no, I offer no excuse for it other than I understand what it is like to be as we are (he and I and others), and live in denial. Had I let those men... and some here on jw.com and other places... talk ME out of what I know to be true, I cannot say that I would not have sunk to despair as well. Maybe not to the same level, but life would be pretty unbearable.

Dear ones, they took everything from him, as they have from many others: his family, his livelihood... and his hope. Truly, what is left? Yes, I know... the family he killed. Oh, Robert! Merciful Father, JAH, Holy One of Israel and Creator of the heavens and earth, I beg you, through my Lord and Master, your Son and Christ, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, that if these men are responsible for the depth of my brother's despair, that you not hold this error against such men, and that you also find it in your large heart to have mercy upon Robert and remember him and his family. Yet, let not my will, but yours take place. For the Robert I knew would want it that way.

For any of you who don't understand, I am sorry. I am. I have no justification, for there is none, truly. I only wished to share with you what I DO know, of the man Robert Bryant... and what COULD have made him become so desperate. I leave the matter in my Father's hands. A [VERY sorrowful] slave of Christ,
    Shelby Johnson"

BUDDHA RELIC SHARED BY CHINA AND TAIWAN: In 1981 a flood caused an ancient pagoda at Famen Temple to collapse in Xian, Central China. Archaelogists were stunned when they found a miniature stone casket inside of which was preserved the one and only known relic of the Buddha: his finger. As a good will gesture, although at odds politically, the government of mainland China has allowed the relic to be displayed at a temple in Taiwan. Details at http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/asia-pacific/newsid_1879000/1879607.stm

RECIPES FOR FUN WEEKLY BIBLE READING GET-TOGETHERS: http://www.garvick.com

WEEKLY READINGS FOR INDEPENDENT ASSOCIATING BIBLE STUDY GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS: espanol, Dansk, Deutsch, Francais, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polska, Russkiy, Svenska etcetera http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible? MARCH 24 Luke 16, APRIL 7 Luke 17, APRIL 14 Luke 18 APRIL 21 Luke 19

***** FAVOR DE COMPARTIR COPIAS DE ESTO - PLEASE SHARE COPIES OF THIS *****

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Patio34

The way i see it is that the question is presumptive and applies only to theists. Some may even go so far as to say true religion is an oxymoron. A better question is Is there true religion or Is there a god?

That Is...what is so great about having the freedom to think for ones self rather then rely on instinct.
    If we were all ducks we wouldn't have the creation of this forum to debate in. So since Simon created this forum you could consider him the god of it. That technically would not be an oxymoron would it?

BTW I'm stealing your horse and buggy.

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx

This one most definitely Happy
  • taoInitiate
    taoInitiate

Hi anew

I don't know whether I agree that a bunch of atheists tore tinman's post apart...I think most people that responded were either Christians or other spiritual people. There were only one or two non-deists that commented.

I think a Free Christian group is a great idea, particularly one that emphasises love. Just as any group that emphasises love and doesn't try to "lord it over" others is commendable.

Peace, Love and Harmony to you
    taoInit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit