True religion - anyone have a clue?

by Tin Man 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Tin Man
    Tin Man

What is the true religion anyone have a clue?
    I would love to know, if anyone does have a clue; being a Witness most of my life it gave me this feeling like I really was in the true religion and God really was with me cause I belonged to the "true religion.
    I have noticed that Witness's say the elders were appointed by holy spirit, how do they know did they see it, it just dawned on me that all of it has been based on the premise that I had to have faith in what they say rather then substantiated facts; all of what they say simply put is nothing more then words, contrived by men only, if you tell them this you get the treatment like your going to be destroyed which is paramount to going and burning in hell.

• D8TA
    D8TA

What is "THE" true religion according to the Bible?

Hinduism?
    Islam?
    Shinto?
    Money?
    Your career?
    Bhudism?

hmmmm...

religion, religion....thinking thinking.....

I know that I believe in Christ...

Christianity?

Ah, that must be it. Yes...to me (some have their own belief in what "the" true religion is, and more power to 'em) to me...Christianity is "THE" true religion.

Now...let's ask: Is there a "ONE TRUE" organization? Can't recall any scriptures citing that there is, or should be. I just recall that Christ said I had to believe that he was the Son of God, and who ever believed this...that they would be saved. And, Love God with my whole M-H-B-S. Love my neighbor as myself. And that should cover all. And ah...spread the "word" around.

Don't recall him asking me to fill out time cards. Don't recall him saying that there was someone, some people, or some organization that had to be acknowledged to approch him. Or do service to him.

I do recall him saying that this message was for "everyone".

I have a personal theory that I apply to myself. It may help you, you may see it differently. But perhaps sharing it with you, may aid you.

I think that Christ kept the message this simple because he knew humanity would abuse, twist, corrupt, and alter what he said. That humanity would serve itself in this message. And I dont think I have to cite examples to show that humanity has done this...it's on a grand level for the past 2,000 years since Christ's death.

If you truly have a belief in Christ. Read the Bible and discern what it has to say to you. The Borg have taught that you are not capable of just reading the Bible without their help. I believe otherwise. I believe that the Bible was written for everyone. I believe that the application of what I've read in the Bible is to be applied to myself. That this is for me, and for me to live by.

For those who wonder: D8TA what do you think people should do in XXXXX situation?

My reply: People are going to do what they want to do. Believe in what they believe. I am commanded by Jesus to love them regardless. The judgement of Christ on other people is not my concern, where as the judgement of Christ on myself...I am concerned. Live and let live.

D8TA

• DocBob
    DocBob

One of the most important things I learned after leaving the Borg:

It's not about religion, it's about relationship.

Bob

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Are you the Tin Man from OZ? Have you considered 'spirituality?' Compare a spiritual person to a religious person in light of the following scriptures. James said, "If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?" Matt.5:43-48, "However I say to YOU: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU,.....And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?"

Paul said, "Keep TESTING whether you are in the faith, keep PROVING what you yourselves are....." 2 Cor.13:5 "Make sure of all things..."1 Thess.5:21 How can we do this if others think for us?

Galations 5:22,23 numerates the fruits of God's spirit and it concludes by saying, "...Against such things there is no law" when we manifest it in our daily lives. Whom did Jesus condemn in Matt.23, the religious hypocrites or the spiritual persons in light of the above scriptures?

Guest 77

• Prisca
    Prisca

I'll second what D8TA said.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I still say real Christianity is not a religion. Since I believe Christianity is the true faith then there is no such thing as a True religion. Not for me anyway

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx

This one most definitely Happy
  • joelbear
    joelbear

The true religion is love and truth.

Love for others and belief in truth.

I believe God has inspired many people through the ages to carry this message to mankind and that Jesus was one of them.

Joel

• logical
    logical

To go to God you need to go through Christ not man.

• taoInitiate
    taoInitiate

"Do not go about worshipping deities and religious institutions as the source of the subtle truth. To do so is to place intermediaries between yourself and the divine, and to make of yourself a beggar who looks outside for a treasure that is hidden inside his own breast." - Hua Hu Ching

I think that sums it up quite well. Any reliance on outside revelation of "truth" is just as much prone to error (if not more so) than relying on the truth from your own heart.

taoInit

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

SOME days I think I know and then some days I do not have a clue and really do not care as I do not belong to any religion much less attend any church / KH--I believe n a higher power and the goodness within ME and my soul but that is as far as it goes...P E A C E HAPPY EASTER !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit