Christmas tree topper

by finally awake 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

A watchtower ornament as a Christmas tree topper would be awesome for X-JW's.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I love the fact that it's a Jerry Garcia doll (the Grateful Dead were banned in my congregation as a young adult.) Your Sparlock conversion looks great!

Incidentally, Garcia was in a band called the Warlocks before the GD.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I love the idea of a Watchtower topper - maybe next year I'll do a theme tree with goat and sheep ornaments and a Watchtower topper

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Incidentally, Garcia was in a band called the Warlocks before the GD.

It was the same band; somebody else was using the name "Warlocks" so they chose another.

The origin of the name "Grateful Dead" would give a Witness fits almost as much as "Warlocks" (an immortal soul, etc.). From Wiki:

Grateful dead (or grateful ghost) is a folktale present in many cultures throughout the world. The most common story involves a traveler who encounters a corpse of someone who never received a proper burial, typically stemming from an unpaid debt. The traveler then either pays off the dead person's debt or pays for burial. The traveler is later rewarded or has their life saved by a person or animal who is actually the soul of the dead person...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit