What are you Thankful for???

by ohiocowboy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am thankful for my Partner of almost 11 years, and am thankful for the friends that I have made on the board, which include, but are not limited to:

Snowbird, Broken promises, Glander, Mr and Mrs. Rabbit, Big Tex, Nina, Elsewhere, Lady Lee and all others I have had a chance to know.

I am thankful for our humble home, and am thankful that I have been able to fill it with furnishings and trinkets of yesteryear, things made from people that have been passed from generation to generation over the course of 200 plus years.

I'm thankful that we have enough food to eat, and that we are able to feed the countless Raccoons, Possums, birds, Squirrels, Slugs, snails, Reptiles and every other living creature that passes our doorsteps and yard.

I am thankful that I had my Little Girl for 14-1/2 years before she died. Even though I still grieve for her on a daily basis, I am glad that I was able to share with her and give her the same love that she showed me while she was alive.

I am thankful that we are able to have enough to sponsor 3 children in Africa and South America every month, so that they too can eat and have much needed medical care.

I am thankful that the latest overseas fight didn't end in a world war.

What things are you thankful for???

• cofty
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm thankful for a roof over my heat, enough food, heat, a bathroom and a hot shower. I recently looked at some photos of a town in Sierra Leone which is built entirely on a trash dump. They have cholera every year, no sanitation at all, no comforts, nothing.

I wish everyone in the world had enough food, shelter, sanitation and a hot shower when they want it. That would be luxury to most, wouldn't it? No matter how much Americans complain about hard times, most of us still have it better than millions of third world people.

Sorry, is that a rant like the "I'm sorry we're so awful God" rant on another thread?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you Cofty! I am thankful that your health has been improving over the past year!!!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Greetings, Hortensia! Yes, there would be a lot more to be thankful for if everyone in the world had enough to eat as well as the luxuries that many of us have that we don't even think about. It is sad that there are those who consider it a luxury to just be able to flush their toilets. I hope things get better for all people one day soon.

Have a wonderful evening!

• yknot
    yknot

I am thankful for :

Family

Life

A future

Home

Texans winning game (go Dallas now)

Sanity

JWN

and you Ohiocowboy....by you sharing yourself you have broaden my understanding and appreciation of many of lifes aspects!

huggles to you and partner "Happy Thanksgiving"

• d
    d

I am thankful to have easy access to food and a roof over my head. I do feel as Americans we do have it easy, we really should not complain when people in third world countries have it much worse.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I am thankful for my family, for the good fortune to live in a place where flush toilets and electricity are standard, and for all the material comforts I enjoy.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Howdy YKnot! Thank you for the warm wishes! You mentioned that you are thankful for a Future. That is a really good one to add to the list! Not being a JW anymore allows us to have a future based on anything we want it to be, and not what a few grumpy old men tell us it should or will be! Sanity is another good one, but unfortunately I lost mine long ago, so I can't be thankful for something that I don't have anymore-lol

D, hello to you! Yes, we as Americans do have a lot to be thankful for!

Have a great Holiday!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Finally Awake, Cheers! I am glad that you have family that accepts you and that you are thankful for them too! It truly is something to be especially thankful for, as there are many who don't have family due to shunning from Watchtower teachings. Thank you!

P.S. I love your Sparlock avatar!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit