If you were to start a religion....

by KJV 24 Replies latest jw friends

• KJV
    KJV

If you could start a religion what would it be? How would you go about setting it up? What agenda would you have? A name? Do you have
    a name for your religion?

If I were to start a religion it would be a religous co-op were every member has all the benefits that is allowed religions.(Tax exemptions
    etc...) A member could buy or lease a new vehichle through the religion and not pay tax. There would be networking and charity. The service would include a meal and liquor with everyone particapating,
    also live music and comedy. My agenda? No agenda except that everyone show others respect. No fist fights and no murders. Everyone would be welcome including Witches, Warlocks, Monks, Muslims, Buddhist,Christians, Atheist, Agnostics, and Aliens. The name? I liked Amazings "Christian Agnostics" but someone suggested "Christian Humanist". Get the picture? This could be the religion to end all other religions! Have you got something better?

• Simon
    Simon

there would be an emphasis on attractiveness and nakedness, lol

"Bare Babes Believers"

• KJV
    KJV

I never thought of that Simon. Everybody naked! Damn!! Instead of being "Holy Rollers" we would be "Boomers and Bammers"!

• Satanus
    Satanus

You would be interfering w the govt's tax collection. They would likely come down on your religion for that. But it would be a good thing, because every religion needs an enemy, so they would be helping your religion big time. If you stuck it out you would be a hero. people would flock in. If you could manage to get youreslf killed in the fruckus, you'ld become the messiah and your follower's numbers would skyrocket.

SS

• TR
    TR

All members must have a motorcycle of some kind, and there would be three conventions each year, one at the compound/resort in Fiji, one at the compound/resort in North Idaho, and one at the compound/night club at the recently aquired Stanley Theatre.

TR

• Flip
    Flip
    If you could start a religion …How would you go about setting it up?

The very first thing I would do is apply for the Government Tax Exempt status and milk it for all it’s worth by producing millions of so called 'charitable' religious tracts every month and convince my followers they must donate, for the production, free labor and cash then distribute the 'rags' world-wide on their own dime or suffer the consequences.

Flip

• Introspection
    Introspection

The Church of Mentos.

One day I will finish my essay comparing Zen Buddhism and what I call the Doctrine of Freshness which is the theme behind the commercials for these sacramints. But it would be a simple faith, as vs. 2 of the jingle says: "It doesn't matter what comes, fresh goes better in life."

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

An emphasis on nakedness??

Join the Raelians.

• pandora
    pandora

I know this is sad, but my major criteria is that, church services should be held in the AFTERNOON.
    I gotta get my sleep DAMNIT!!!
    I never got any as a JW.

-P(J)

• ISP
    ISP

Be sure to makes lots of money out of it....most do.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit