Superbowl Prediction Time!

by ISP 16 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Seven,

My heart is broken! How could such a terrible thing happen! If I don't blow my brains out with father's forty five tonight, I am calling a therapist in the morning! I am starting to agree with MDS, the end of the world is well upon us and that game is proof of that fact.

When Art Modell accepted that trophy, I almost a put bullet through my TV, but my wife talked me out of it.

Seven, I am so glad that you are here to comfort me.

• larc
    larc

You know folks,

I'm a little bit calmer today. I didn't shoot myself last night, because I realized that that would be bad for my health.

Yesterday, I was wondering if Super Bowl Sunday might be a pagan celebration, so I called an Elder. He told me that it was and it goes back to the Roman gladiators days. Here all along, I thought it only went back to the coal mining towns of Ohio and Pa. Maybe it became pagan when they went from playing in cow pastures to playing in big stadiums, with all those drunked up, rowdy spectators. I told the Elder that I would like to come visit him and discuss this whole matter in more detail, even though Sunday might not be a good day. Well, he told me that he would love to talk about this furthure, but he was committed to going to a special three hour Elder's meeting, and he had to get to the store to get some chips and dip and a 12 pack to take to the meeting. I told him that I understood that he had to meet his obligations and that I would get back to him later.

PS
    A headline in today's Dayton Daily News: "Cleveland seethes as 'traitor' wins"

• LDH
    LDH

That was the most boring game I've ever seen. I didn't even care who won.

Anyhow, the guys all had me outside slaving over the grill cooking my famous chicken wings.....

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Lisa, you cooked chicken wings and didn't save any for us? I am heartbroken.

• ISP
    ISP

LDH.........'Anyhow, the guys all had me outside'

Way to go Lisa!

(Any chance of an invite next year?)

ISP

• Seven
    Seven

larc help me! The end of the world is well upon us. Late in the 3rd as
    I sat there chewing at my restraints ...I saw in heaven another sign, great and wonderful, eleven ravens with eleven hammers. These are the last ones, because by means of them the anger of God is brought to a finish. What a revolting development! When Modell placed his meat hooks upon football's holy grail-I snapped. I was happy to be in the company of friends who were experienced in "talking
    me down." I know youknow what I was feeling at that very moment. Oh well. I'm much calmer today too. My friend's buffet was 4star and so were my Bloodys.

Seven

ps. Frenchy, The turdukin was outstanding. It was stuffed with crab, crawdads, and shrimp. Definately worth the FedEx charge.

• LDH
    LDH

ISP,

They told my husband anytime he got tired of my cooking, they would divorce their wives and ALL marry me. Now *THAT'S* what I'm talkin' bout!

Ha, they got one funny comment out of me, though. One of the guys told the other, "These chicken wings are almost better than SEX!" So I said, very coyly, "Not *MY* sex."

LOL They almost choked their chicken (wings) right there.

My husband just rolls his eyes and ignores me. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit