I apologise Lord

by StopTheTears 40 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

I disagree, it depends on your preferred system of taxonomy but cladistically we are indeed apes. Biologists sometimes speak about non-human apes to avoid confusion.

Here are Jerry Coyne's comments on the subject...

Apes are Old World anthropoid mammals, more specifically a clade of tailless catarrhine primates, belonging to the biological superfamily Hominoidea.

Last time I looked, I was also a tailless catarrhine primate, so that makes me an ape as well. The only thing I’d take issue with is Richard’s statement that he’s an African ape. He’s an ape who is descended from African apes, but he’s currently an Oxford ape. (Richard was an African ape when he was growing up in Kenya.)

As for Kohlmayer’s argument that we’re not apes (or animals!) because we can do all sorts of things that other beasts can’t, well, those abilities come from the evolution of our big brains, not from the hand of God. Just because some apes have capacities more advanced than others doesn’t mean they’re not apes. Crows are a lot smarter than ducks, but nobody denies that a crow is a bird.

• cofty
    cofty

Stopthetears - You have no soul, this life is all you will ever have. There is no hell and Jesus is a pile of dust in an ancient tomb. He is not coming back. The bible is just a book.

If you would engage in discussion instead of preaching you might learn something.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

If you'll study the AUTHORITY upon which each religion was established, then you WILL find the TRUTH.

Thank you for such a succint summation of the basis of all religion.

I agree with cofty. Why don't you engage in dialogue instead of preaching?

• TimeBandit
  • shamus100
    shamus100

HOT!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Stopthetears, I also realized that the US can't really even be considered a Christian nation. There is much plurality in this nation. Muslims, Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Atheists, Satanists, Pagans, Sikhs, etc. all share a place in this nation. I think you've nothing to apologize for. This is a great nation that allows differing points of view, and it would be great if we could keep it that way.

You gave us your precious Word, and yet we have banned It from our public school's curriculum since 1963.

Why are the Koran, the Book of Mormon, or the Vedas banned from the public school's curriculum? You realize that what you ask is for a forced theocracy in what is a multi-cultural United States.

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts
    I believe the Bible so much that I am compelled, burdened day and night, to warn people about the coming judgment.

I have the cure for your burdensome compulsion, which will probably stop-the-tears:

(Click to read.)

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Lord, please save us from your followers...please?

• perfect1
    perfect1

Jesus an George Washington together- I think they have just struck a deal cause JJ wants to be on our lowest paper currency.

Move over Big G!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Ok this is not about larry the cable guy AT ALL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit