Hello

by Benjie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hey, buddy, anytime anyone comes out of the Watch Tower cult, it's a wonderful story. Welcome to JWN!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi! So glad your whole family is out. Mine is too!

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and welcome Benjie!

Congratulations to you and your family! We came out together as a family as well, five and a half years ago. Now we can not even imagine still being part of the borg. Enjoy life!!

Love, Mrs. Thor

• Etude
    Etude

Welcome Benjie: Give us some details. I take it you were both baptized, no? If you were, you might expect some "shepherding" calls so they can try to reel you back in. There may be some discussions. If you didn't have too many ties on the inside, it will be quite easy for you to say "thanks but, no thanks". You can assume that they'll make an announcement of some sort letting the congregation know that you have disassociated yourselves. That means, they'll shun you on the streets. If you've been retreating for a while, it won't bother you much. If it causes you problems, we're here to help.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

welcome and yes that is a great story.

Do you look back and wonder how on earth they got you in the first place?

Oz

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome Benjie (and family) to life on the outside. It is a good story because I can think of many people who are still keeping up the pretence and I cannot imagine the mental struggle it must be giving them. It is a lot easier that you have no family in the JWs, but even so, a big step and a worthwhile one.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Welcome, Benjie, and it's fantastic that coming out has not separated you from your family.

That's a really encouraging story.

I can't resist adding that you'll find some distant and not-so-distant cousins of yours on here. Don't get alarmed! This forum has a significant monkey population which your presence is increasing! Your monkey looks as though you don't miss much.

Nice to have you here!

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Welcome Bejie! Well done!

Sure once you realize this is not the truth, you cannot continue the joke of preaching something in which you don't believe anymore, consequently you do not respect anymore the GB's teachings!!!

Fortunately your wife is with you in the same decision, and you don't have family in there, who could be happier than you both????

Regards, Claudia

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome to another monkey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit