Hello

by Benjie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Benjie
    Benjie

This is my first time now that I'm registered. I've been reading here for a while though.

It's been a long journey to get here, but now I have turned my back on everything I've known for such a long time, but a new road lies ahead, and this is one of the first steps on it.

• trujw
    trujw

Great to have you as a brother in the struggle. Benjie I like the background stories can you let us know why you left?

• cofty
    cofty

Hey Benjie - welcome.

• Benjie
    Benjie

I left because gradually I realised that it was wrong.

It isn't the truth. It's a big lie.

It wasn't a case of light suddenly dawning. I just came to a point where I knew it was wrong.

I waited for a long time, until I was sure, or at least sure that I couldn't go along with it any longer. First, my wife and I just did less and less. we were down to one Saturday maybe a month. Then we just decided not to go out any more. Our life wasn't our own, so we had a family talk. None of us wanted any part of it any more, and we just decided to stop. They kept after us, which made my wife upset, so we wrote to them and we are clear.

Neither of us were born in. we came in together years ago, and we came out all together. So we are lucky. It's not as if our families were in. Just us, and now none of us. we miss our friends but we are making new ones.

That's it. No interesting story, not like I've read on here.

• Benjie
    Benjie

Hey Cofty

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

Wonderful story. Welcome

• cofty
    cofty

Benjie that's great that your family are all out together. Making new friends takes some time but its more than worth the cost to get your freedom back.

Congratulations to you and Mrs Benjie.

• tec
    tec

Welcome over here, as well, Benjie. As Cofty said, glad that you are out with your family.

Peace to you and your wife,

tammy

• Benjie
    Benjie

Thank you everybody, especially Most Noble for saying my stoory is wonderful. I've read some very sad and difficult stories on here. I don't think mine is really wonderful. We just talked all together, not once, but over a long time really.

Once you know it's wrong, you can't stay in, can you? Otherwise it would all be a pretence.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Welcome, your story sounds a lot like mine. I'm glad to hear you got out with your family intact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit