Parrots on a webcam in Sydney

by moshe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

here is another one- they seem to take turns at the food- the scappy parrots eat first? - maybe these are the juvenile parrots before they get their full colors?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thanks -- I love it. Bookmarked now. There's also a live cam for some parrots in San Francisco. I used to watch that one, too. Lost the link, though.

• talesin
    talesin

the scappy parrots eat first?

Moshe,

Yup, that's how it works with birds. Feeding them downtown, where I used to live, it was amazing how the tiny starlings would fight for food with the huge pigeons,,, they are real feisty birds, those starlings. :P

So amazing, huh, the COLORS!

:)

t

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The top one looks like a Rainbow Lorikeet. They are so noisy and very feisty. Makes me smile watching them hang upside down from branches arguing with their neighbour birds.

• moshe
    moshe

hey , doofdaddy I think you are right! I just remembered taking a picture of my daughter at Busch Gardens this summer feeding the lorikeets- it's a match I think! ( She got in big trouble using green food dye on her hair!- came out with peroxide) She had like 10 of them at one time on her.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

That's them Moshe. Everyone smiles around these birds and yes I remember as a child feeding them and nearly falling over under the weight of screeching playful parrots.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Oh and your daughters hair looks cool. The parrots would have thought they had a relative visiting! LOL!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The green parrot is the Australian King parrot. They're found on the eastern side of Australia.

I often see them on grassy patches looking for worms.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I liked the magpies hanging around where i used to live. When my cat went outside, they would land all around and squawking at her. When i stepped outside, they would generally stop. Sometimes, i had to tell them to f###k off, 'fore they would stop. I liked them, though. They used to like getting on the lawn, just after it was cut. They seemed to be chewing on the cut up flower petals, and all talk at the same time. Birds are such fun.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cool, moshe. Did you try it full screen? The birds might have liked your daughters green hair.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit