Parrots on a webcam in Sydney

by moshe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I just saw a cockatoo and some small parrots fighting over the seeds- it's early morning and the parrots are having a blast at the feeder--

http://backyardgalahcam.com.au/

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If you have native flora the birds will be attracted to the blossoms.

I have native shrubs and trees outside my bedroom window. The birds like to perch in them and sing... they start at 4.30 in the morning!!!

• moshe
    moshe

Wow, they are really chowing down right now!!

• moshe
    moshe

Speaking chow- Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks for sharing that, Moshe, it's on my bookmarks now. I love our feathered friends, and have quite a variety in my lane. A woodpecker (heard but not seen), pair of owls, as well as a murder of crows, blue jays, robins, finches, etc. We've had an unusual number of cardinals sighted this summer, too, which are rare around here. Oh, and my beloved starlings. :))

BP - yup, this summer, the birds would start at 4 am. There was one robin who perched on the roof of my neighbour's shed, and sang in the dawn every morning.

I don't sleep well anyway, so for me it's a pleasant thing, but I hear ya!

Happy T-Day to you Moshe. May your holidays be filled with love, family and happy times.

xo

tal

• moshe
    moshe

One of my goals for next year is to see a meadowlark, which I realized I have not seen since I was a boy on our prairie farm in Illinois. We used to have some monk parrots in out neighborhood coconut palm trees, but they didn't like the cold snap we had two years ago and moved further south, I think.

• talesin
    talesin

That is something I have never seen, being on the Atlantic coast. I will have to check my birder's book, though. There's an area of my province where birds have been sighted, that are not supposed to be here. I saw one myself many years ago, when on a hike. This has been the case ever since these things have been recorded.

tal

• moshe
    moshe

you have to see these beautiful parrots eating their breakfast! I wonder what kind they are?

• talesin
    talesin

Moshe,

I just looked, wow! they are something else, sooo beautiful.

I sent a screen shot via email to a friend of mine who has parrots, and loves them. Will let you know what he has to say.

If BP is still checking this thread, perhaps h/she will know.

So cool, huh?

:D

tal

• moshe
    moshe

I used Win7 snip tool to capture a picture- I think they are conures, among others I have seen-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit