You know you're an old fuddy duddy has-been when..............

by Theocratic Sedition 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

... you have to explain to someone what 'clockwise' and 'counter-clockwise' means... because most of the clocks are now digital, and kiddos do not know how to tell time on an analog clock.

...you're the one telling the "When I was a kid, I walked five miles to school. Uphill all the way. Both ways. In the snow." stories to your kids.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

When High School memories are subjects for the HISTORY channel

• fedup
    fedup

When you're older than a member of the GB

• still thinking
    still thinking

You know you're a fuddy duddy when you take your children to the museum...and point out all the things from your childhood...goddamnitt!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "... you have to explain to someone what 'clockwise' and 'counter-clockwise' means... because most of the clocks are now digital, and kiddos do not know how to tell time on an analog clock." Jim_TX

HAH!!!

If you REALLY want to confuse them, try using "deasil" [or "deocile"] and "widdershins"...

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Re: You know you're an old fuddy duddy has-been when..............

I'm sitting here reading a thread entitled: "You know you're an old fuddy duddy has-been when..............RIP"

ROFL Rip....so true. Would someone who isn't a fuddy duddy even look at this thread...

....You know you're an old fuddy duddy has-been when.............. I returned to a thread entitled: "You know you're an old fuddy duddy has-been when.............." just to see if someone "Still" understands my sense of humor!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

When i was a kid we had lunch boxes with thermos bottles

elephant jokes, 45 records with the latest way to play putting several on with the little arm across to make them drop, before color tv and remotes and the excitement of the first polaroid camera, seeing lee harvey oswald getting shot on tv, watching Elvis presley on the Ed Sullivan show with my mother, the mouseketeers and jimeny cricket singing it's the encyclopedia and annette Funicello singing Tall Paul he's my all

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    You know you're an old fuddy duddy has-been when..............

your kids (or other younguns ask... "What's a 45 record?"

Slightly off-topic, but there are phrases that are still used that are out-of-date like...

"I'll dial your phone number." This goes back to when there were rotary dials on phones. Now, we have buttons. I guess it doesn't sound quite right to say, "I'll button your phone number." or I'll press your phone number."

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Have you ever heard the expression carter has liver pills.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am older than the US president.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit