WT elders school: The elders in our circuit appear to be "trained" quite well

by sir82 31 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Question:

If you desperately said to elders that you could not go on any longer,

sobbing that the depression was so long and so dark that you felt there was

no way out. ........ would you expect some help?

Something more than a canned sermon, more than just patting you

on the head and sending you off ...... alone?

>

What I got read to me were Pauls lovely words ...

Hey .......this is enough for you! ............live with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walked!

• Londo111
    Londo111

From my experience being disfellowshipped and the pain caused by it, they basically told me to look into depression medication. But I believe it is done so that the elders can walk away from the situation, had I gone through with my deathwish, and say, “We told him to take something for that…he didn’t listen. Not our fault.”

From two elder bodies, medication is the answer for everything. Have anxiety over going door to door? Pop a pill to fulfill your duty. “My pioneer wife takes them,” said a elder. Feel extremely depressed by the extreme isolation being disfellowshipping brings? Pop a pill.

Don’t get me wrong…some people NEED medication for depression. However, this religion is the CAUSE of the anxiety and depression in the first place, and their answer is to medicate the pain they cause away.

• shadow
    shadow

so what was the correct answer about the kid according to co?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^Yeah I am curious as to what the CO said after all the hub bub.

• sir82
    sir82
    so what was the coorect answer about the kid according to co?

See my thread here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/242532/1/WT-Elders-school-Look-how-cute-that-kindly-old-elder-is-Too-bad-the-Talmud-says-we-have-to-stone-our-victim-anyway

They played the rest of the video - it turns out the kid was lying, or at least not presenting the full truth, so that's pretty much a guaranteed DF in JW-world.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I thought the elders were supposed to prayerfully ask for holy spirit in judicial matters?

The elders here attended a week long school this summer. Is this a meeting before a circuit assembly?

• sir82
    sir82
    I thought the elders were supposed to prayerfully ask for holy spirit in judicial matters?
    The elders here attended a week long school this summer. Is this a meeting before a circuit assembly?

The video did show the elders praying quite a bit - well, at least the "amen". It appears to be considered in bad taste to record an actual prayer.

They've done away with the pre-circuit-assembly elders meeting. This school was the "Kingdom Ministry School" which typically is run every 3-4 years (but this time it was only 2 years after the previous one).

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

"I wish there was a way someone could leak these videos (or even the whole training session). Could someone who hasn't yet had their training use a pinhole cam or a button cam or something? o.O"

Please please please??!?!?!?!?!?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

How do we gain a wider audience to share these secrets of Jehovah Witnesses? The British have done good exposing the Scientologist as anti-psychiatrist, JWs are Disfellowship loving clowns waiting to pounce on any wrongdoing! Their leaders are rule making masters, and Bible knowledge Goober Pyles!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Here is a video that shows how to hide a camera in a tie, the person, once an elder did this at his JC , hell, it's Raypublisher, you all know him here lol

Unfortunately he will not be attending this meeting to be able to get the video. lol

http://www.youtube.com/embed/LQ9xaV12H4M

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit