Shunned while my Son copes with Cancer.

by phil the fish filleter 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• phil the fish filleter
    phil the fish filleter

Hi Guys, I am known to some on here and to prevent further problems from the Trolls that may identify my Son from what I am disclosing I have a different name. So, my 26 year old son gets the diagnosis ocular melanoma back on June 14th this year with a very bleak outlook. I walked away from the Cult some years ago, however my son stayed in as he was engaged to an uber witness girl. A number of issues surrounding the shunning palaver have included not being allowed to his wedding, nor are we allowed to see our 10 month old grand daughter.

Back to the cancer, he is living at the time with her uber witness parents and is told that if he in any way contacts either his mother or myself for any help they will not only sling him out, he will also not be allowed to see his wife or child again. Needless to say, no one gets between me or my family, so I contacted said parents in law and outlined exactly what the situation would be if they got in my way. There are some here that have a wider picture of this as it unfolded, so they may wish to comment at some stage.

The good news is though he is at the moment exceeding expectations, they got the whole Tumour, a Soft Tissue Sarcoma out of his thigh, no chemo or radiation needed, and his latest scans are clear.

The reason for posting is to expose this crew, a 26 year old young man with a Baby Daughter just having received a devastating diagnosis needs to be subjected to this kind of poisonous behaviour like he needs a hole the head.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome to the forum, Phil:

We'll be watching to see how things progress for you. Glad your son is better now.

The Best,

CoCo

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Dear me, it beggars belief how his inlaws can be so unkind, doesn't it? I'm glad he's ok and I do hope you and your wife get some contact with him.

Loz x

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

That is savage on their behalf...thats all I can say. CULT, that's what they are. I share a similar story, I was not allowed to attend to my daughters wedding. Some how after the years my family members they are not shunning me anymore, since I became much better person after leaving the cult. Also in the part of the world that I'm staying, WT does not have such influence over family members if someone gets disfellowsiped, due to the strong family bonds.

• carla
    carla

I am sorry for your situation! Glad to hear he is doing better. If the story has any upside at all it is to expose the jw's for what they really are. People like me share these kinds of stories and non jw's find it so unbelievable and disgusting that that is all they remember about jw's and they in turn pass these types of stories on...... end result? jw's are unloving whack jobs.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hello Phil, I am so glad you've posted. That's a terrible story, but I actually know two families where similar things have happened and are ongoing even as we speak. Different circumstances but same trademark of cynical Watchtower control.

What a very good thing that you are strong enough to stand up to those bullies. The whole Atchtower set up is built upon power, control and bullying. Your poor son and grandchildren too.

Very good news that he is doing well, if I understand you correctly. Many of us will now be thinking of him. And just to repeat what's already been said, welcome to the forum!

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Phil. Its good news that your son is doing well. Its really staggering how low some JWs will stoop to maintain control. Well done for confronting them.

Please let us know how it goes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Back to the cancer, he is living at the time with her uber witness parents and is told that if he in any way contacts either his mother or myself for any help they will not only sling him out, he will also not be allowed to see his wife or child again. Needless to say, no one gets between me or my family, so I contacted said parents in law and outlined exactly what the situation would be if they got in my way.

The WTS's own rules make exceptions for "necessary family business". When a family member is dealing with a horrible, potentially terminal disease, what could more so qualify as "necessary family businesss".

Ask you in-laws why they think they are empowered to set rules that exceed what Jehovah's F&D Slave dictate. Who gives them the authority to either ADD to (or take away) from God's (WTS) rules?

Doc

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This is one where you son has a way out like DOC suggests. When dealing with life and death matters, the rules are "bent" a little so as not to seem "unloving".

So his in-laws are taking an incorrect stance even by JW standards. I am curious as to how the conversation with them went. What did they say to you? (if that isn't prying of course.)

• phil the fish filleter
    phil the fish filleter

Hi Guys, thanks for all the comments. Interesting thought that one though Doc, who decides necessary family business?, the uber witness trying to prevent contact from a nasty Apostate?, or a Father taking a telephone call from a heartbroken son just having been told he may not see his next birthday?.

We all know that there are different approaches to the dictates of the so called slave class, unfortunately his in laws follow everything that suits them and nothing that they feel impinges on their freedom. The issue is this, the Cancer was of no consequence to them, after all why should he worry?, he was getting resurrected to the new earth. The problem for him was living under their roof he was under their control, and they went out of their way to ignore his illness to strictly impose shunning of mentally diseased influences.

Thanks for the wishes for his recovery as well, we are in a good place at the moment, but, that could change.

Oh and I forgot to mention that we ignored all of the attempts to restrict our access to him, and he has now moved his family into their own home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit