Jehovah Witnesses, Elders or Elderettes, Which Sex Was More Wicked In Your Experience?

by PokerPlayerPhil 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

I would have to say I've seen more wicked Elder-ettes and JW Women than men, the women can hold grudges forever and they can't forgive even the smallest sin their fellow JW commit-ed against them!

I wish I could share the details about my Aunt and how evil she is and why all her brothers and sisters hate her with a vengeance. The Kingdom Hall she attend's is the world's worst Kingdom Hall, it's created a poison that's killed off dozens of good Witnesses who left the Organization because the Elder-ettes and their kiss-ass coat-tail riding followers treated everyone outside of their clique like shit!

Were the men in positions more wicked than the women in positions and their tag-along friends who display equal opportunity hated?

Which sex stumbled more people out of the Organization if you really ponder that thought, did you see evil from both husband and wife or more from one of the sexes?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"The Kingdom Hall she attend's is the world's worst Kingdom Hall, it's created a poison that's killed off dozens of good Witnesses who left the Organization because the Elder-ettes and their kiss-ass coat-tail riding followers treated everyone outside of their clique like shit!"

Yep, I have seen this, I fought hard to give the elder body the gonads to remove the elder PO whose wife was causing the situation like you described, and the elder body did remove him, but he moved to a neighboring congregation where he had some "elder friends that sympathized" and was reappointed within a year and continued their hateful attitude and the quick reappointment made it seem that they were vindicated.

In retrospect I don't think it was worth the anxiety on all of us and what we went through, we even had to fight the CO because he didn't agree with it. (Edit) The CO didn't want to lose a company man he wasn't concerned how many people were stumbled and left the congregation or became inactive.

Whether the sisters or the brothers are more trouble I don't know, I guess it depends on your experience, but I would agree with you on your observation of Jezebel like sisters. And your description of the crap that goes on in the congregation is true and accurate. The conduct of the followers of the elderettes is also factual. Whoever the elderette's like, the followers will also like, but whoever is not welcome will encounter H- E double hockey sticks.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    Further, I guess what I have concluded is that the religion develops and breeds hateful, unforgiving people, all the while they are giving lip service to "love". I've had about all the "love" that JW's have that I could stand.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I have seen what you are describing, but I still think Elders are more wicked. They are the ones with the real power to destroy people's lives. The Elderettes just have empty power that some of them use to try to make themselves seem more important than they really are, by their connection to their Elder husband.

Women have no power or importance among Jehovah's Witnesses. Their identity is dependent upon their husband's position in the congregation. And whoever came up with that system is the real wicked one.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Jake, remember those shirts popular in the 1980s saying "INSTANT ASSHOLE JUST ADD WHISKY"? Regarding many JWs most good people don't morph, it's those who feel the World treated them like dirt and now their going to lord it over their fellow witnesses who are desperately looking at them for guidance! The Bible and everything it stands for contradicts what these POs or COBEs do, the Bible has nothing to do with their actions.

Moses spent forty years developing something God would use, he never wanted the power or glory. Moses as used and because a intercessor between God and Israel, he really loved his people so much. Looking at the Governing Body is it any wonder Elders act like they do, going beyond what is written? I don't understand how anyone who can read the Bible come's away with a idea that "arrogance", "pride over others" and tyranny is needed to guide his fellow friends or flock! Why do they have some unnatural sense of self-esteem bought at the cost of their fellow publishers? That old shirt, "Instant Asshole just add Liquor" applies unfortunately with many JW Elders and Elderettes!

INSTANT ASSHOLE JUST ADD TITLES!

• talesin
    talesin
    I would have to say I've seen more wicked Elder-ettes and JW Women than men,

This sounds familiar, but you've left out the serpent.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

talespin, each person's experience in the Cult will differ, others will have more men being the most evil while in my case our Kingdom Hall had a very unusual number of sisters that were mean and spiteful and filled with bitterness, no Serpents about it!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I hope we are just sharing opinions and not arguing. The elders do have more given authority as pointed out by Wildthing, no doubt. The sisters can have control over the social aspect of a JW's life just like an elder that votes to disfellowship, but their authority is conferred by their husbands appointment and is a "taken" authority because of their social status in the congregation. For instance, one elderette would have a "get together" for all the young ones, and invite all the "youths" but the families that she didn't like. Not because they were bad association or reproved etc. She just didn't like them.

The uninvited families found out about it and many times they were crushed emotionally, asking themselves why they were not invited. Just cruel high school mean girl maneuvers that are so silly.

The social aspect of the congregation is where people are accepted by the rest of the congregation. So, then if you have control over this aspect, whether you are an elder with the authority to disfellowship or not, the Jezebel sisters could maneuver a shunning of your family that was accepted and enforced by the rest of the congregation. The reverse of the love bombing, the shun bombing is very effective, because the families would just fade away and then the elderette would say, "see, I told you they weren't good association".

If you have ever tried to harness a Jezebel influence in the congregation it is quite a ride. They can cry at the drop of a hat, make their defense out that they are the victims, and then they will take one elder at a time and coerce him to see things their way. It's just amazing.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

I never meant this to be a male vs female situation, all I wanted to know was which sex in your Kingdom Hall seemed to display qualities not so befitting of a Christian. When it comes to Judicial Comittites men are suppose to think for themselves but some men would share intimate details with their wives and get their wife's input on how to execute directions from the Slave.

Social Circles in my area, actually I saw that men could stomp on the invites of people or families they considered weak where the women actually wanted the families to show off their wealth or JW Prestige which is another odd piece of data about the Kingdom Hall I use to attend. There were two Elders in a verbal fight and soon the Kingdom Hall divided up in to three fragments, those on Elder A's side, those on Elder B's side and those who wanted to know "Why in the Hell the Kingdom Hall is fragmented and behaving like Junior High School kids?'. Social Circles in other Kingdom Halls were controlled by the women because more often than not, the bad JW men were working one or two jobs to keep their family afloat while their nasty wives were working part-time and had more time to help design the gathering and plot who would not be invited out of sheer spite. Please note the majority of JWs are not bad (men and women), a few can really bring out qualities they escaped from their churches or dysfunctional families to the promised family the Watchtower's publications said was waiting for "honest heart'ed ones seeking a real family Jesus spoke about" only to learn this was another lie!

The Circuit Overseer called several families because the entire Kingdom Hall was invited to a function except three families and boy where they pissed off. The root of the problem was the families not invited would not get involved with the Kingdom Hall politics, they refused to take sides and ended up not getting invited while those who voted for Pedro and Cathy all got invited, that was contrived by two elderettes confirmed by the CO who investigated this because one of the uninvited families asked for their "Conditional Donation" back, they called the Paper and the Watchtower wanted to know why!

The moral of the story is, take a side in Kingdom Hall Politics unless you loaned the Watchtower almost Eight Figures because they will get to the root of who or what was behind the evil in your Kingdom Hall. I wonder if that Elder knew that family had "family money" sitting in the Watchtower's Safety deposit box? He still got his money back is what I heard and the Watchtower was very upset losing all that capital over petty hateful squabbles!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    Interesting story Poker Player. I believe the family is fortunate to have gotten their money back, there are stories that WTBTS ignored requests to return the loan and wouldn't pay the families back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit