YOWWW!!

by AGuest 15 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Boogie down, bey-bey... booo-oooo-oooo-oooo-oooo-oooo-oooo-gie down!

Peace... in the valley of luh...uh... uh...uh.. uvvvvv!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

(SA does her best JB foot "move"... hits the splits... back up... and moonwalks off the thread...)

Tec tries to imitate, splits her pants, backs into the dog, trips instead of moonwalks... into the computer...

*crash*

• AGuest
    AGuest

BWAAHHHHHAHAHAHA, dear tec (peace, luv!). Well, THAT oughta put to rest, once and for ALL... what happens when someone "tries" to follow me! LOLOLOLOLOL!

Peace, my dear one!

SA, on her own... trying not to fall all over her keyboard, gasping from laughing so hard...

• tec
    tec

• AGuest
    AGuest
    WOW! AGuest I don't know what you got up to last night but it seems to have done you good.

Ahh, dear Glad (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!)... it wasn't what I got up TO last night, but that I got UP... this morning! As you may know, I am a Type 1 diabetic and must take insulin. Sometimes, I get "off-schedule" and so either under- or over-do my dosage. As a result, there are occasions when I experience a significant glucose "crash" in the middle of the night. Which can be brutal (when you go into deep hyperglycemia, your vital organs begin shutting down in anticipation of coma... and possible death. It's a feat to "come back" from, sometimes taking days).

The night before last... I crashed twice. Although I have had a couple/few major crashes, including 2 that ended me up in the ER, I've never had two in one night. I caught the first... because my Lord woke me up (as he usually does to keep me from going into a full on crash). I heard him... and woke up and "corrected". I thought. About 3-4 hours later... I began to crash... again. Only, I almost didn't wake up because I was ignoring him. Because, I said, "No, Lord, I heard you... and I took care it already." And so I thought that perhaps I was dreaming. But... I wasn't. I was crashing... again... and he was calling to me about it.

I decided to do what I usually do... and listen anyway. And... I was crashing again. And I didn't know what to do because I didn't know whether to bring my glucose back up (with candy, juice, glucose tablets)... or wait. Because, I thought, maybe the first attempt just hasn't kicked in yet and then I'll be high and have to take insulin, and restarting the cycle. I was tired (it was the wee hours), groggy, uncertain... and very disoriented (because that is a symptom of very low blood-sugar).

But I pushed through and listened... and did what my Lord said and ate "two more pieces of candy" (I keep them by the bedside, too; they're faster than the glucose tabs and you don't have to eat so many). And I corrected just fine. I woke up with a gl109. But I've felt like crud the past day or so while my body "recovers" from the double crash.

And so that's the thing: I woke up yet one more day! For me, the possibility that I won't is always there... and high, under the circumstances. So... every day is a blessing, IMHO.

Oh, and the reason I crashed twice was that I had FORGOT I had taken some cold medicine earlier, and then took a Benadryl (because of sinus pressure)... just before bed! I corrected my dosage to compensate for the Benadryl, but not for the cold meds! Yikes!

They say the mind goes first. For an insulin diabetic... forgetfulness is not a good thing, at all. It can be fatal. All I can do is thank my Lord for calling out to me... when he does.

Again, peace to you, and... OHHH, HAPPY DAY (oh, happy day!)... OH HAPPY DA-AY (oh, happy daayyy!) - LOLOL!

A [very] happy slave of Christ,

SA

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

This is a very happy thread! I like it!

I can dance round the room with the best of them on occasion, but this evening's a feet up and watch the TV day...still very happy and comfortable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit