What JWs did you know that were fanatical freaks?

by jemba 15 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

My JW ex-wife was and still is one of the most fanatical JW freaks I ever knew. So much so that almost 15 years after our divorce she STILL has been successful in turning my adult JW daughters against me . She should be brought up on charges of " theocratic war crimes " along with WT leaders. It's insanity personified

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Here is what really bothered me....

Walking into a Panera, or Starbucks, or McDonalds at 11 am on Saturday Morning. 10 people all dressed up in suits, ties, dresses, and the like.

Everyone in there would simply START STARING AT US LIKE THE JEHOVAH FREAKS THAT WE WERE. Oh I know, they probably thought we were JESUS FREAKS, or who knows what.

But in the end, I realized that it wasn't at "good witness" or a statement that we were "standing up for God".

We were CULTISTS, pure and simple. Nobody would want to BE US, because we were just freaking weirdos to the rest of the world.

• jemba
    jemba

Ha, ha, love the stopwatch story, the bobble heads and Mamas boy - wouldnt surprise me if they were getting it on! lol

Theres a Bro and Sis here in their 60's, never married, they are actual siblings and live together. One day I 'got lost' on the way to the bathroom in their house and could only find one room with a bed, one double bed in the whole house? They used to do everything together and hold hands during the prayer. They made me feel nauseous, they were so friggin weird too. Even wore matching tracksuits when they werent out preaching.

Yes Flipper it sucks that after 15 yrs rid of this woman she still has a negative effect on your life and your daughters, they can do more damage than they realise.

I live in a small town and I swear the JWs keep our Maccas afloat. I dont go there anymore for coffee they weird me out. You are underdressed when you go to our Maccas if youre not in a suit or dress. lol

• trillaz
    trillaz
    Walking into a Panera, or Starbucks, or McDonalds at 11 am on Saturday Morning. 10 people all dressed up in suits, ties, dresses, and the like.

Totally agree. We were the freaks. I will probably go early Saturday to the old spot and pay them a visit.

• likeabird
    likeabird

How about those that took it to the letter that you had to reach everyone with the 'message'?

Preaching in high rise buildings meant taking the elevator, and certain ones couldn't bear to miss this golden opportunity, especially when the elevator was full :

"Good afternoon everybody! I'm preaching the good news of God's Kingdom and my friend here has some wonderful magazines s/he is longing to give you..."

Noticing a certain reluctance from the partner in question :

"Come on, open your bag and give some magazines to the nice ladies and gentlemen..."

Oh the shame of it. I just wanted to curl up and disappear in the corner of the elevator - every time!

(And that's just one example among many, many others)

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I don't know this guy but there is always a tall gentleman working the corner at my place of employment all by himself. Nothing strange about that, except that he's there between 5AM and 7AM and he distributes at least 30 rags daily. I don't know how he does it, but this guy has a natural ability to put rags in peoples hands when they least expect it... I swear this guy must be a "subpoena server" at his secular job...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit