What JWs did you know that were fanatical freaks?

by jemba 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

I just mentioned in another post about a Bro that wouldnt shake hands with anyone because it was of pagan origin.

Another Bro collected fossils that he would show in the ministry for some stupid creationist reason, everywhere he went he talked about Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, no one wanted to work with him, in the workplace or on field service. His own wife would hide somewhere when he started his incidental witnessing at shops or on the street.

Dont get me started about some of the fruit loop parents and what they put their kids through in the name of Jehovah.

What freaks stand out in your memory as fanatical JWs?

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I knew of a young (20 something) brother who was a full time pioneer. The thing is though, he carried a stop watch like they use in races. Anyway, he would start the stop watch when he left the car, went to the door, spoke to someone, then as soon as he came back to the car, off went the stop watch. This was back when 90 hours a month was needed to pioneer. I have no idea how he got his time in. I really didn't care. But that stands out as odd to me.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The entire woodley park congregation starting from the mid 80's, through the mid 90's. The elder body, run by my ex FIL, groomed that hall into a bunch of paranoid haters who constantly had something to say, or report to the brothers. It really was like living in 1984 there

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Jemba- Jeeze, if that's not a diseased mind I don't know what is.

I knew a wierd brother in his late 40's, this was about 15 years ago, still living at home with mama. He wouldn't shake hands with many because of germs and when he did he would go and wash them as soon as he could. He would never open on knock on a door without using his sleeve or a paper towel. In service he would never put his lips on a soda can or bottle. He had to use a prewrapped straw. He wouldn't talk about his past and was very wierd and uncomfortable when asked about it. We all thought he was in witness protection or something. Him and his mom were soo wierd. We joked that they were "intimate". He was your creepy 40 year old virgin type. - nowhere near as cool as the movie

He would do parts on stage and try to be funny and tell the lamest jokes. He would get counseled often not to tell jokes, "this isn't a comedy club." No body ever laughed even out of pitty.

Once he was doing micraphone duity and I was sitting on the aisle. I steped on the cord, I would do this to him from time to time, and this time I steped on it a bit harder, he tugged once and a second time he wipped it hard and the cord went flying onto a 2 rows of people sitting on the aisle. He turned back to me pointing a finger and said, " Don't do that again". After the meeting a MS who saw me do it shook my hand and said " Nice one"

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"I knew a wierd brother in his late 40's, this was about 15 years ago, still living at home with mama"

And I bet the single sisters were just crazy over him too, fine theocratic marriage material, did he try to put the moves on any that you know of?

• bigmac
    bigmac

my first mother in law (RIP)

a total rabid dub nutter. in it right back to the rutherturd days. i'm sure she would have ate one of his in a soft roll if she could have.

a full on religious freak. i came to hate the sight of her. thank the lawd she shunned me 100% after i finally broke free.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Shirley- He and a sister from the hall did actually go on a couple dates. And I bet you can guess who the chaperone was. Yep MAMA.

She was no prize either. She was a born-in, 40+ never been married, proud to let you know shes a virgin type. She would only watch G rated movies and was very selective on the PG movies she would watch. She liked The Everly Brothers and sang the Dream Dream Dream song and would sing the part that said Gee Whiz as Cheese Whiz becaus Gee Whiz was too close to using Jesus name in vain I shit you not. Freak!!!!

"I can make you mine,
    taste your lips of wine,
    any time, night or day.
    Only trouble is, gee whiz,
    I'm dreamin' my life away."

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Love this thread.

We had a 50ish dude (not married of course) who was just too wacky to be promoted to MS. ALL he would ever talk about was 1st century christianity, blah blah blah.

Remember a few times at the congo picnics he had his bible with him, opened and discussing stuff with whoevers ear he could wrangle.

Seriously avoided eye contact or even coming within 30 feet of him on those occasions.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I can count how many Jehovah's Witnesses on just one hand...

who WEREN'T fanatical freaks.

Most JW's are clones of the nutters on the GB.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I knew one family that would always sit in the first 2 rows and would nod at nearly every statement made. LIKE BOBBLE HEADS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit